I really want to have a natural birth and am currently reading the book Husband Coached Childbirth as well as taking the Bradley Method classes. My mom did the Bradley Method during her pregnancy with my twin sister and me and she loved it.
Now that I'm getting closer and closer and almost to the 3rd trimester, I want to come up with a list of questions to ask my doctor to make sure their practices are in line with what I want.
This is what I have so far. Can anyone think of other questions? I'm sure there are tons more but I'm drawing a blank here.
1. Do you set a time limit on how long you will allow me to push before you move to a c-section?
2. How long will you allow a mother to labor on her own before inducing when her water has broken?
3. What kind of laboring equipment is available in the hospital? Stool, Jacuzzi, etc.
4. Do you allow the mother to push in a squatting position and use the squatting bar that attaches to the bed?
5. How late will you let me be before you want to induce? 41 or 42 weeks?
6. Are we allowed to take pictures during delivery?
7. Will you allow me to tear on my own and not perform an episiotomy?
8. How long will you wait before cutting the cord? I prefer to wait until it stops pulsating.
9. Will baby and I get skin-to-skin contact immediately after delivery assuming baby is doing well? I do not want to be separated from him unless it is absolutely medically necessary.