Baby Showers

Small Registry WWYD?

Hey Ladies,

DH and I are buying/have bought most of what we need so my registry is looking a bit on the small side - about 20 items. My shower guest list isn't long, but there are about 30 people on it. Usually I wouldn't worry since people will just buy clothes, but we're team green and I've seen in the past that there are fewer clothes given at showers where the sex is unknown. My mom thinks I should add items. What do you think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Small Registry WWYD?

• Add a few more things.  You shouldn't have less items than guests, IMO.  I'm SURE you can find more things you'd like for the baby that weren't essential when you made your purchases, but would be great to have if someone bought it for you.
  • Yes, I agree you should add a few items.  Maybe add some books or toys?  Cloth diapers to be used as burp cloths?
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually you guys are probably right. I've done all of my registering so far from home being sure to check to make sure they are avail at our local store, but I'm sure once I actually get in there with the gun I'll see cute stuff I hadn't even thought of.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would add a few small toys. 

Do you have diapers on your registry?  Also, make sure you have several of the necessities such as crib sheets, mattress pads, etc.  You will want at least 2-3 changes of crib bedding.

We are team green and we bought all of our bigger items.  There were still 70 items on our registry.

• I would add a few more things just to be on the safe side. There may be some people that buy multiple things off of the registry and there may be some people that pool their money together to buy one of the bigger items. You never really know....so it is a little hard to plan for. 

We are team green and have bought most of our big items ourselves. Other things like bedding items and such I bought after searching for (I didn't get a bedding set, I got individual pieces from all over the internet so I couldn't really register for them). So most of the items on our list (besides the Ergo and the swing) are under $50 (most of them being $20 or less). When it comes to the baby shower, I am not really worried about the registries because I figure if they don't see anything on there that they like, there is always gift cards (which SO's family did when his cousin was Team Green....she got a TON of gift cards), and they also don't like to shop off of a registry. So most of them will make a gift and include a gift card, or just make a quilt or something. Some will just wait until after the baby is born and then get a gift (his family will be the majority of people at the shower).

We chose to buy most items because I didn't want to wait until two months before the baby was due and after the shower, and then have a ton of items to buy all at once. So I since I got pregnant, I have been watching sales, promotions, coupon codes, etc...and have been making purchases here and there. I have several friends that have had showers in the past few months and got hardly anything on their registries, so now they are all scrambling to get items and paying full price for them.

So I would rather have the items that I know I need, and then at the shower people can get the smaller items, buy something that they like for the baby, get gift cards, or they can just show up and not give a gift. No biggie! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I agree with the above posts. Add diapers, wipes, dreft, desitin, bath products, etc. Also baby washcloths and cloth diapers are good for burping clothes and cheaper. Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Add a few more things- books, toys, bath products, butt paste, diapers, etc etc! People love little stuff too!
  • I would definitely add more. Diapers, wipes (you can never have enough!), small toys, bath stuff, books, maybe 2nds of things? We have 3 boppys (we consistently used 2 of them when DS was small and kept one in our car for when we went to our parents houses)...we also had 2 playmats, 2 bouncers, etc. It was nice to have some stuff in each room and to not have to cart them around everywhere.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• It;s hard when you are team green but I would add things like larger sized onsies, extra binky, etc.. Extra sheets for a PNP. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJenniferk08:
    It;s hard when you are team green but I would add things like larger sized onsies, extra binky, etc.. Extra sheets for a PNP. 

I agree with this, and if you end up getting things you think you wont need, return them for diapers and wipes, or other essentials.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Register for consumable items, like baby bath and diapers.  Also, consider what you might need when baby is older, like exersaucer, bigger car seat, etc. 
  • Yes, add a few things.  If you really can't think of anythign you need, put diapers and wipes on there.  A lot of people put nursery decor items on there.  And put a bucket of oxiclean on there.  Best thing I ever bought when I had kids.  That stuff gets out all kinds of baby stains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"