Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Help me diagnose my baby!

Symptoms: 103.5. Happy.   And Go!!

Seriously, she's acting normal but burning up.  Gave her tylenol and it went down to 100.8.  DH thinks it was so high now she's dilusionally happy. 

Already called dr. said not to come in unless the fever hasn't broken in 24 hrs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help me diagnose my baby!

• Options

Was she outside or riding in her car seat?

DS runs hot sometimes- especially in his car seat in the summer. He once had a "fever" of 103. We freaked out, but once he was inside for an hour or two and we gave him some Tylenol it went down and he was fine. The doc says that babies can't regulate their temps and riding RF in a car seat for half an hour does not help. DS was teething at the time, so he already had a slight temp to begin with, though. 

I hope her fever goes away and she is ok! 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    DS#1 always gets a fever before getting sick.  My pedi says its his way of fighting the infection.  Sometimes he gets a high fever and followed by just a simple cold a few days later.  Maybe your LO has something brewing... I hope not.  Feel better
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions!  Daycare did have her under a heavier blanket for naptime and her top teeth are coming through.  Hopefully its the combination of being warm and teething and not an infection. 

Thanks again!

• Options
    It really could be that your LO is teething. In addition to the meds, you could run a lukewarm bath for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My LO was like this a couple of weeks ago when he had Hand, Foot & Mouth.  I'm not saying that your LO has that or anything, I'm just saying that it's weird that they can be happy when their fever is that high.  And LO was delusional, he would stare at his hand in front of his face for minutes at a time and just make all sorts of weird sounds, babies are strange little people.  

Stick out tongue 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelulu3061:

My LO was like this a couple of weeks ago when he had Hand, Foot & Mouth.  I'm not saying that your LO has that or anything, I'm just saying that it's weird that they can be happy when their fever is that high.  And LO was delusional, he would stare at his hand in front of his face for minutes at a time and just make all sorts of weird sounds, babies are strange little people.  

Stick out tongue 

OMG!  I hope he is ok!!  That is so scary!  Babies are crazy little beings and surprisingly resiliant! 

• Options
    imageLisamarie913:
    imagelulu3061:

Stick out tongue 

OMG!  I hope he is ok!!  That is so scary!  Babies are crazy little beings and surprisingly resiliant! 

Oh, he's totally fine now, thank you!  They are definitely resilient, that's for sure he was back to normal 4 days later.  Hope your LO feels better soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Teething doesn't give you a fever that high. It's some sort of infection, most of the time viral. If you notice funny urine smell, get urine checked. Obviously, if pulling at ears, get ears checked. Otherwise, you can wait it out. (btw, I work in pediatrics, if that makes any difference to you)
  • Options

Informal diagnosis:  ROSEOLA.  Look for the fever to last 2-3 days, then break, then find a rash on DD's neck and back. 

Just a guess.  When my kids had roseola, they were happy with HIGH HIGH fevers.  After a few days the fever breaks and the rash shows.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"