Preemies

Gabe had his first pedi appt

He is doing great.  He's gained 6oz in 4 days (yahoo!) and his adjusted age growth is doing awesome.  He's in the 50% for his head, 17% for length, and 10% (at birth he was 40%, 10%, and 3%). 

Yay!

Side note: he is getting his 2 month shots and his Hep B shots in two weeks.  I am dreading it.  Poor guy!

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Gabe had his first pedi appt

• Way to go, Gabe!!! Don't worry too much about the shots. JS hated being held down for them more than anything. Our pedi mentioned that he may be fussy or run a low grade fever, but we didn't have any issues. We go back for 4 month shots in a few weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Great growth!

He will do just fine with his shots, the four month ones were awful but 2 month were nbd.  I would just be sure to ask about suppositories for constipation (if your pedi is on board with it) because the 4 month doses backed the boys up! 

• Loading the player...
  • that's awesome!

They gave us the hep b in the hospital. She was a champ, and it didn't really phase her (and yet sleeping in the bassinet causes her to wail her head off...go figure)

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Great news! The two months shots weren't so bad. He cried for a few minutes. But at that age, they still sleep alot so he mostly just slept off his crankiness for the rest of the day. The 4 month shots were worse:(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • First: hooray for Gabe!

Next: oh no! It sounds like my guy was the only one who had wretched two month shots :(:( if four mo. is worse, help! he had hep b in NICU and was fine, but at his first pedi is when he got the two month. She told us all the side effects and he had every one. Lots of love and snugs helped, though.

• Gabe is a champ, glad to hear he's healthy! Gl with 2 mo shots. I think they were just as hard on mommy as they were on my daughter, but I think I just remember the first ones making her sleepy. Glad I checked for your update, I'd been wondering about you premie July mommies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"