for those with preventive cerclage — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

for those with preventive cerclage

What are your restrictions? Mine is no lifting over 10lbs no sexual intercourse..

I do have a question has any of you been told no orgasms too? (sry if TMI) my OB just said nothing in the vagina.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: for those with preventive cerclage

• The doctors haven't placed a cerclage yet but they might have to (due to funneling in my cervix near the uterus).  Because of it I can't do anything that would cause me to orgasm.  I imagine it's the same if you have a cerclage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a preventative cerclage placed at about 13 weeks due to a LEEP conization.  My OB said we could have sex; that it is not dangerous at all to the cerclage or me...just dangerous for hubby.  The stitch could cause a laceration. ("Try explaining that one to your buddies when they wonder why you had to go to the ER for a cut on your penis," he told my DH.) Dr. said if we really wanted to attempt sex, to just go with positions that don't go deep.  And he never told me I couldn't orgasm.

I also have had no lift restrictions...

• Loading the player...
  • I was told no sex and took that to mean no sexual activity. So no orgasms in a looooong time. It is tough. I was also told no submerging in water, no lifting anything over 10 lbs and no strenuous activity. So I just take it easy and sit with my feet up as much as possible.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEchloe:
    I was told no sex and took that to mean no sexual activity. So no orgasms in a looooong time. It is tough. I was also told no submerging in water, no lifting anything over 10 lbs and no strenuous activity. So I just take it easy and sit with my feet up as much as possible.

So no swimming or baths???? It is crazy how one person has no restrictions while others have tons...I swim almost everyday I wasn't told anything about that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards