2nd Trimester

Hospital/Why You Ask Dr ?s!!!!!

So on Monday I asked if mucus was normal.  I was having a lot over weekend and it was a yellowish color.  Luckily I did tell the nurses about the mucus so the dr did an exam.  I went straight from having a routine appt where I was supposed to get a happy u/s pic to leaving the hospital two days later.  My cervix had dilated 1 1/2 cm (which is where all the mucus was coming from, the "plug") and the membranes were bulging.  I was inverted to push the bag back in and had an emergency cerclage to close my cervix.  They monitored me overnight to make sure my water wouldn't break then my temp and white cell count went up and I had to stay another night.  I'm now on bedrest the rest of the pregnancy.  We're just crossing our fingers hoping she makes it at least another month in there so she has a chance on the outside. 

So I'm most definitely a firm believer now in asking your doctor whenever you think something might be wrong!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hospital/Why You Ask Dr ?s!!!!!

• Lots of prayers for you and your LO!
    BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • Oh wow, how scary! I'm glad everything went well afterwards and that you decided to ask! More thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry you are going through this. T&P your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How scary for you! I'm glad they were able to catch it in time and do something for you.  Thoughts and prayers are with you that baby stays in there for as long as possible.  Stay strong.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• T&P for you and your LO.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Wow, good thing you asked!  I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly and that she stays in there until she's to term.  I'm really sorry about the bedrest.  I couldn't imagine being laid up in bed for that long - but at the same time, knowing it's best for the baby, would probably get me through.  Do you have any hobbies?  Scrapbooking, quilting, knitting, reading, etc?
  • I'm glad that you thought to ask. Stay in there baby!
  • Wow- I am so glad you asked your dr!  I hope your LO keeps cooking a good while longer.  And I will definitely be keeping a closer eye on things from now on!

• Thanks for all the T&Ps!  It is hard laying around all the time.  Everything from surfing the net to eating has to be done fast and propped up on an elbow.  It's not very comfy at all but will be worth it in the end.  =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"