February 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone taking Fenugreek to produce more milk?

I just recently started to use this.  I wanted to know if you tried and if it worked?  I work M-F, so have to pump, but never seem to get enough milk for the next day.  I stay up so late, pumping now and than to get enough milk for the next day, I have been getting soooo tired and thought I would give this a try.

Let me know if you have tried, are using now and if it works or worked for you.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone taking Fenugreek to produce more milk?

• Options
    Yup. I used to take 2 capsules 4 times a day. I also ate oatmeal for breakfast and lunch, drank mother's milk tea and chugged water like it was going out of style. All of that worked for me and now I'm only eating oatmeal for breakfast when I want to instead of trying to increase my supply. He eats about 24oz a day and I'm making 28-30 oz a day. I pump 3 times at work and usually 1-2 times at home.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I do.  I take 2 capsules 2-3 times a day.  It has helped me meet my little man's needs on the days I pump at work when he is at daycare. Before I was barely pumping enough and was so stressed about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried but it didn't really work for me, but drinking Mother's Milk Tea did help. I had 3 cups a day and that was the only time I could ever get even an ounce when I was BFing.
    image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image

• Options
    ReeseMReeseM member

I take More Milk Plus when I think I am having a dip in supply. I know for sure it works, as I had a dramatic supply drop in the beginning and was feed/bottle/pump, for every feed. It wasn't but 2 days before I saw a great increase.

It has more herbs in it than just Fenugreek. My LC recommends it, as you take less of it than straight Fenugreek.

Funny you mention it, as my DD has been sleeping like CRAP, and I thought, what the heck, and started a course today. Will probably take it for about 3 days. 

• Options
    imageReeseM:

I take More Milk Plus when I think I am having a dip in supply. I know for sure it works, as I had a dramatic supply drop in the beginning and was feed/bottle/pump, for every feed. It wasn't but 2 days before I saw a great increase.

It has more herbs in it than just Fenugreek. My LC recommends it, as you take less of it than straight Fenugreek.

Funny you mention it, as my DD has been sleeping like CRAP, and I thought, what the heck, and started a course today. Will probably take it for about 3 days. 

I have taken the More Milk Plus as well and it really works!  Only downside is that it is really expensive IMO.  But the milk really starts flowing within a few days of taking it. 

• Options
    It cannot hurt!  Even if it's placebo, you'll feel better knowing that you're doing something to try and make it work, thus, producing more.  I took it while I was on maternity leave b/c I wasn't able to pump as much (wanted to build a stash- didn't happen).  I would like to think I saw results.  I remember reading that you want to smell like maple syrup- that's how you know you're taking enough.  I took three pills three times a day, I believe.  I want to start taking it again- it's just a matter of getting it.  Give it a shot & GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Seems to be hit or miss...I have been taking Fenugreek for about a month and haven't noticed an increase in my supply ( I don't smell like maple syrup either). Just ordered Mother's Milk Plus and am crossing my fingers it will work. GL to you!
  • Options

I've been doing a lot of things to get my supply up in the last week, so it's tough to tell if it's the Fenugreek or what that has caused my supply to increase.  Last week I was pumping 3x at work and getting about 7-8 ounces total.  I had gotten AF, so I know that was impacting things. 

But so I started drinking a lot of water--especially WHILE pumping, taking Fenugreek (3 pills, 3x a day), I stopped taking my BCP, I started taking prenatal vites again (I'm bad...I know I should have been taking them all along but I slacked), and I started making sure that I eat lots of protein throughout the day and extra for dinner.  I was already eating oatmeal for breakfast every day.  I

Basically, I started taking care of myself better.  I've found that I CANNOT attempt to cut calories or avoid snacks--it doesn't make my butt smaller, it just makes me produce less milk.  I've also noticed that when I work out hard, I make less.  So I've accepted that I'll weigh 8 lbs more than my pre-preg weight until I wean.  Boooooo!

Yesterday I pumped 17 ounces in 4 pumps and today in 2 pumps I've gotten 8 ounces...so...something's working!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    i tried to take fenugreek but it was too much for me, im not good at swallowing pills at all. I take more milk plus herbal drops and I think they work pretty decent. I would say I am able to pump 2 more oz a day then when I dont take the drops. I work full time so I pump everyday 5 times a day. My LO eats 30 oz a day and I can pump about 23 oz a day in 4 times pumping, once in the am, twice at work, and once at night and sometimes i just BF him in between then. My supply is deff not what it used to be before I started working but I dont really have any other options. I tried pumping up to 7 times a day to increase my supply and it helped a tiny bit but not enough that it was worth the extra hassle. Most days we just supplement 1-2 bottles with 1/2 formula since I can never pump as much as he eats. Im hoping since he is starting solids then the milk intake will chill out a bit and we can cut back on the formula.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"