Houston Babies
Options

Do you have a DD?

Please give me some encouragement, I am team PINK this time!  And I am scared!  lol.  Which is funny b/c I was nervous when I found out I was having a boy the 1st time around and didn't now what do to with a boy. Now that I have him, I can't imagine anything else.  I was kind of expecting another boy this time b/c my pregnancy has been the exact same, but we went to our A/S today, and got a girl surprise!  I feel like I am starting all over again.  haha.

Re: Do you have a DD?

• Options

Girls are really, really wonderful.  I honestly can't imagine having a boy. ;)

At the end of the day, though, it's another baby.  You're a second-timer, it'll all come back.  Just like the 1st, you'll learn as you go, and it'll all come back quickly.

Bonuses:

-No worry about pee in your face when changing diapers.  Just remember, wipe front to back. Wink

-They make the cutest Aggie girl stuff.

-Bows.  Little or big, whatever your preference, they're fun to buy!

-Clothes.  Much better selection.

-More name choices (IMO)

-Watching your DH raise her will be amazing.  She will own him from day 1.

-There's not much out there sweeter than a big brother and a little sister.

-When they're teenagers, one is likely to eat you out of house and home, one is likely to spend too much time in the bathroom.  While they could share these traits, it's not as likely as a boy/boy or girl/girl.

I hope you know most of these are TIC.  But in all seriousness, you're going to have a daughter!  That's so awesome!  I know sons are just as awesome, but you can't blame a mom of 2 girls...I'm a little partial to them. Big Smile

Congrats!

• Options

I felt the same way when I found out Hannah was a girl.  In fact, other than some of her clothes, I never bought her anything "girly," because I just wasn't used to it.  The first typically girl thing she received was a dress-up kit from my sister.  Even now though, I don't choose to buy her overly girly things, unless she asks for it.  She's a very frilly pink girly girl though--I have no idea how she turned out that way, because I certainly never encouraged it!  (Not that I mind of course--she likes what she likes!)

I remember reading something about differences between girls and boys not long ago, and it basically said that boys are difficult when they're young, and girls are difficult when they're teenagers.  So yay, we will never get a break until our girls are out of the house!  lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL I could have written this word for word as I feel the same exact way!  I was scared of my boy when I was pregnant but now the thought of a little girl kind of frightens me...ha!  You'll do just fine!  Congrats!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congratulations! I was in the exact opposite boat when we found out we were having a boy I was really nervous - growing up it was just me and my sister, so I wasn't sure what to do with a boy? but you learn as you go :)

Girls are so much more fun to shop for! I like shopping for my DS, but there is so much more of a selection for girls!

I do agree with the whole pee in the face thing, if girls pee while you are changing them at least it does not go airborne! Haha!

• Options
    Obviously I don't have any advice, but congrats!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awwww congrats!  You'll do just fine with a little girl, you were one once.  ;)
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    Aw, congrats!  You'll do just fine.  I think with the second baby, no matter what the gender, you really do enjoy it more because you know the ropes.  Or at least that was my experience. 

• Options
    Congrats!  I know exactly how you feel.  I really thought I was going to be a mom of two boys.  I think one of the best things, aside from a closet full of cute clothes, is getting to experience the other side.  O is such a boy.  He's aggressive, impulsive, physical, obsessed with weapons, etc.  C is patient and caring.  She's always pretending to rescue baby animals and reunite them with their mom.  It's such a contrast and fascinating to see.  
  • Options
    No real advice since I can't compare the two but CONGRATS!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelilygirl:
    No real advice since I can't compare the two but CONGRATS!

ditto!

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagecmrsWed148688:

Congratulations! I was in the exact opposite boat when we found out we were having a boy I was really nervous - growing up it was just me and my sister, so I wasn't sure what to do with a boy? but you learn as you go :)

Girls are so much more fun to shop for! I like shopping for my DS, but there is so much more of a selection for girls!

I do agree with the whole pee in the face thing, if girls pee while you are changing them at least it does not go airborne! Haha!

• Options

I can't compare the two however I believe I felt the same way you did when I found out Olivia was a girl. I was terrified. I remember calling Cajun_Gal and Halfpint in tears. I didn't know what to do. I was so scared since my mom and I didn't have a great relationship growing up. I felt like I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. Wow things sure have changed.

She wears pink, wears bows, and we have so much fun. I always imagined having 2 boys and now I would be fine with just with her or one more girl. I never thought I would say that. 

While I don't put huge bows in Olivia's hair or dress her up in tutus she is still fun and we have fun shopping!

Seeing your DH and her will melt your heart every single time. Seeing DH put her to bed at night is amazing. She really is a daddy's little girl and he would do anything for her. 

And Congratulations! 

• Options
    imagecmrsWed148688:

I totally agree!  GIrls are fun.  Congrats and enjoy being the mommy to a little girl.

• Options
    Congrats! I was nervous when i found out #2 was a boy. But luckily there's no real difference when they are tiny and that gives you time to adjust! Oh, and dd's very first diaper change in the hospital... She peed ALL over dh. He totally wasnt expecting that!
    - Jena
  • Options
    No advice here, but congratulations!!! That is very exciting news!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    Girls are wonderful!  I'm of the camp of "just go with the flow" she will let you know what you need to do.  PT will probably be a little different Wink but you can handle that.  There is nothing to worry about and just enjoy her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats, how exciting! Girl clothes (and accessories) are sooooo much more fun!

My pregnancies were exactly the same both times too. I was shocked when I found out my 2nd was going to be a boy. I agree with pps - you might think you won't know what to do but you figure it out pretty quickly. Good luck!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"