Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Talk to me about fireworks (sorry if this is beating a dead horse)

Part of me wants to go, part of me says to wait til next year. DD is *almost* 8 months old (on the 4th). Fireworks would be during he bedtime. They are loud, smoke, etc.

Can't decide. Help. :)

Thanks.

DD1 11|04|10 DD2 08|20|12
After 4 miscarriages, a diagnosis of Asherman's Syndrome, endo & lap surgery to remove partial septum &
massive scar tissues, we have a completed family <3
Never give up!

Re: Talk to me about fireworks (sorry if this is beating a dead horse)

• Options
    We are going to take ds to the firework show. The show is when he normally goes to bed, but he has started taking later afternoon naps and I usually wake him so he doesn't mess up his bedtime, but this time I think I will let him sleep longer so we can make the show. If he is acting tired and fussy though we will just go home. The show is only 5min away from where we live.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    We're gonna try it. I have a feeling they are going to scare DD, and we'll have to leave. Huh? Guess it's worth a shot.

For this child I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DX PCOS
    Success with #1 after Femara + Trigger + IUI Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We took DD when she was 8 mos. We parked in a lot a few blocks from the display and watched them there. She was in awe--didn't cry or anything!  (That would come the following years LOL.) We'll be taking DS, because DD wouldn't miss it for the world.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Options
    I think you will have better luck this year than for the next year or two.  The noise ,ight freak your baby out now, so just have a get-away plan.  DS#1 was fine as an infant when we took him, last year however as a 2 year old he FREAKED and spent the whole time in the car with DH.  Sometimes its worse as they get older
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    bmqcmgbmqcmg member

We are taking Juliana to the fireworks.

p.s. I love your siggy pic!

DD - Juliana Joan - Born October 27, 2010 - My Little Princess

BFP 1/14/13 - M/C 1/22/13 @ 5 weeks

BFP 3/20/13 - EDD 11/11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm not sure what to do either.  I assumed we would go but I got an email from babycenter or something that suggested not to. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on taking DS to the fireworks but we have headphones for him to block out most of the loud noise.  I figure we got them for flying in small planes but I plan on putting them on him at the beginning of the Independence Day parade when all the fire trucks come past and then for the fireworks too.  We'll see how it goes.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"