Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Is this tacky? RE: baby furniture

I know that this is a ridiculously silly question but, Do you think it's tacky to get the same furniture set for DD2 as I have for DD1? The set we have now is white so we're thinking about getting the same one in cherry this time. I'm thinking too much into this but I don't know if they each need something different to feel special. Crazy I know!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is this tacky? RE: baby furniture

• We will probably end up with the same furniture for both but different colors. I don't think it's a big deal.

• If I liked our first set better, I'd buy it again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You're thinking about this too much.
  • Thank you. I know that I'm thinking too much about this I just needed someone to tell me. Haha. Off to order furniture!
  • why on earth would that be tacky?

I think most people just reuse the set they have.

• I think you're putting too much thought into it. If you like the furniture and want it in a different color, buy it. At least you know it will last quite some time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love our crib and I would totally get it again!
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • No, tacky would be painting it a pastel color and sticking stickers all over it.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • If you really like it and every think they'll be sharing a room, get it in the same color.  Then it will go nicely together later.  :)

My nursery furniture is tacky...mismatched hand-me-downs and a few things we purchased.  Crib is light maple.  Changing dresser is a similar color.  Big dresser and bookcase are hand-me-downs that I painted blue.  Rocking chair is oak and it's borrowed.  We'll buy LO a bedroom set when he's 4 or 5....like we did with DS1.

Bianca image.
  • imageIrishBrideND:

why on earth would that be tacky?

I think most people just reuse the set they have.

This!  We spent a lot upfront for something really nice with the plan that all of our children will use the same furniture.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was thinking of doing the same thing: same furniture, different color.  We LOVE our furniture!  We MAY get a more straight-lined set (less curvy) if this LO is a boy.  That's the only concern we have. 
  • You are definitely thinking too much into this : )  No big deal at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • You are way over thinking this. If you like it, buy it. No kid that I know thinks any of their furniture is special. This applies to infants and teenagers.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • I never even thought twice about it when DD2 was on the way.  Our girls share a room and I didn't want a bunch of mis matched pieces so we bought both of them the same sets in the same color.  They are convertible cribs so the hope is they will have the same furniture for a very long time. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's only tacky if you get them from WalmartBig Smile

*I actually think the idea is a great one. One in white, one in cherry. Keeps everything cohesive. No conflicting designs. And yes, you are putting too much thought into it but that's ok because you're just trying to be a good mommyYes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"