January 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD? (mild vent)

I made an appointment 8 weeks ago at an elective ultrasound place thats an hour away from where we live. We are finding out the sex at 16w and we wanted to get a DVD early on and our OB office doesn't do DVDs. My husband put in his request for it off at his job as soon as I made the appt and they were fine with it. They came up and told him today that he couldn't have that morning off because they need him to work that morning. He currently works nights, and has desperatly been trying to get on days for months now and they refuse. They still aren't moving him to days, they only want him to work during an inspection on that day.

I don't want to reschedule because there is a long waiting list just to get on...which is why I booked my appt so early. DH says we can just say we tried to reschedule and see what happens with his job on what they say.

Would you try to reschedule? Am I overreacting on the whole situation?

The only person I mentioned it to said that I needed to calm down that it wasn't a big deal...but its really upset me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? (mild vent)

• Options
    No. You are not overreacting. I would be livid. He gave notice and it would infuriate me if they okay'd it just to turn around and take it back when it takes so long to get a spot. It really feels like forever waiting for the special days to roll around, so I understand your frustration.
  • Options
    I know that going together is more special but if you are getting a DVD anyway I would say just go for it. If you wanted to find out the sex together you could have the tech put it in an envelope to open at home. My DH wasn't able to come to any of my ultrasounds with baby number 2 because of work and childcare and I imagine that he will be watching the kids while I have the big ultrasound this time.  
    E-8/9/08, A-6/7/10, W-1/11/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMnMKelly:
    No. You are not overreacting. I would be livid. He gave notice and it would infuriate me if they okay'd it just to turn around and take it back when it takes so long to get a spot. It really feels like forever waiting for the special days to roll around, so I understand your frustration.

Thanks. I was hoping that somebody would understand, because my friends don't! I've been counting down since I made the appt, and I really don't want to even attept to change it.

• Options

imageshelbym:
    I know that going together is more special but if you are getting a DVD anyway I would say just go for it. If you wanted to find out the sex together you could have the tech put it in an envelope to open at home. My DH wasn't able to come to any of my ultrasounds with baby number 2 because of work and childcare and I imagine that he will be watching the kids while I have the big ultrasound this time.  

Thanks! I really like that idea. If worse comes to worse that may be what we end up doing!

• Options
    That totally sucks, but why not call and see what options they have for rescheduling, I'm not saying you have to, but you never know, someone could have cancelled or rescheduling could be easier than getting in as a new appointment.  If you can't reschedule, then I don't know.  What does you husband think would happen if he stuck to needing that day off and refused? 
  • Options
    I would try to reschedule - you may get lucky - but not drive yourself crazy over it.  If you can't reschedule, can your husband say that he absolutely needs the time off?  However, while it would be wonderful to have him there, you might also think about other times that he's going to really need time off and see if this is one of the most important.  It sounds like his work is not very flexible, so you may need to pick your battles with them.  I'm sorry, though, it stinks when workplaces can't be more understanding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, so I totally overreacted!! The "manager" that told him he HAD to come in, turns out she has no say over who works when, and when he brought it up to the head manager and they told him to take the day off, no worries. So I got completely worked up over nothing! Embarrassed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"