Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Reflux and cereal

DD had to 2 month appointment today and her pedi suggested putting 1 teaspoon of rice cereal in her bottle(at night only?? anyone know why that would be?), but I just realized she didn't say if that was 1 teaspoon per ounce of 1 teaspoon per her 4oz bottle? She's also on prevacid and nutramigen formula (in case anyone needs to know that lol) TIA =)

Oh and also, would it be better to try to spoon feed it to her and then give the bottle right after? or will putting in the bottle be best? We use avent bottles.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reflux and cereal

• Options
    My LO has colic and acid reflux.  We just switched to the enfamil AD that has rice cereal mixed in.....  However we were told if we need to add cereal to her formula we have to do 1 TBSP in her 4oz bottle. We use the advent bottles also and what Ive done it take one nipple and get a sharp knife and gently poke a hole in the tip from the inside out.  Be easy and slow when you do it cause a little pressure goes a long way.  Good luck!  if you have any other questions PM me!
  • Options
    We started doing this for Eliza's reflux as well. She was only about a month old. I'm not sure why it works but it does and my baby is better for it. I bottle feed it. I just use a fast flow nipple.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use 1tsp per oz of BM for my LO's reflux. We started at 2 weeks old. Its suppose to help thicken the formula/BM so that when the reflux occurs the liquid is thicker and thus less (or none) will come up. I BF'd my LO during the day, but bottle feed at night so that I can add the rice to his bottles. This way, I don't have to worry about him throwing up as much and I don't stay up staring at him to make sure he's still alive.

ETA : FWIW - I add 2tsp to a 3oz bottle. I know I should be doing 3tsp for 3oz but 2tsp's seem to work fine for him so I haven't seen the need to do 3tsp's.

• Options

Ours said add 1 tbsp of single grain rice cereal to DS's 4 oz bottle....and every bottle, not just once.  We mix it in with the formula.

Note:  DS is on Prilosec and Nutramigen 

HTH :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"