Got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! — The Bump
2nd Trimester

Got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!

I went to work at 6 am today so I could leave at 2:30 for my appointment, I was so excited! But then I got to the doctors and they told me my appointment was for 2 and not 3. I knew I was right because I specifically told them 3 was the only time, and the receptionist stated the computer showed my appointment being switched a few times to different days and times, which I never had done.

Luckily, one of the doctors was there while she was talking and he said he could fit me in and take me! My office has 3 doctors who rotate, and whoever delivers will be the one who is working at that time so they want us to spend time with each one and get to know them. He's the second one I've met and so far I know two out of three are awesome!

He found the heartbeat after about 2 minutes, but the baby was moving so much he was having trouble keeping it and we kept here it going by. He finally got it steadily, and it showed at 120 bpm. I thought it was low, but he said that was within normal range for how far along I am.

The funny thing is, my husband was there and he didn't want to be there for the pap part (doesn't want to watch someone else touch me), but they said they would not do one as I had a pap in January. But the doctor was concerned about my uterus size so just dove right in to feel the size! Haha, I just looked at my husband with an 'I'm sorry look'. The doctor was like 'Yep! You feel like your 14 weeks!'

He then said 'Let's take a look at your nipples!' and commented that one looked flat, I had to laugh (he was telling me about ways to make it bigger for breastfeeding). There is no privacy in pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!

• Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • congrats on the hb! DH doesn't stay in the room for my pap either. Came to the last appt, heard the hb and when Dr said he was going to do the pelvic DH said "that's my cue" got up, shook the dr's hand and went to the waiting room! lol
  • Loading the player...
  • That is amazing I remmeber what it was like for my wife and I. :-)
  • That's too funny. My DH was there when I m/c and the ER doc had to do a pelvic exam. It may have been different due to the circumstances, but DH did fine.

I've never heard of the doc checking your nipples though. The only time my breasts got checked out was when I had my pap, but the doc didn't want to check the nipples, it was just to feel for lumps. I guess every doc is different.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• He did it because I said I wanted to breastfeed, and he was telling me ways you can lengthen the nipples to make breastfeeding easier, haha.

• Isn't it the most amazing sound you've heard in your life?!?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards