Stay at Home Moms

Here is my flameful confession

When my kids are being extra needy for no reason or begging for yet another whatever they don't, need can't have, or isn't possible, I imagine sending them to live with the Duggars, and how much they would love me when they came home. 

What do you think of when your kids are making you nuts?

Re: Here is my flameful confession

• If these are flame-free I think two simultaneous thoughts: I can't stand [insert child's name here] and that I'm so sorry that they have a bad mom for thinking that...

But yours is much funnier...hands down!!

• Whenever DD is making me nuts, I am super thankful that I have a Mirena.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just chant in my head 16 more years, 16 more years. Sad, but true! And then I think, 3 more years until school, 3 more years until school!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eh, that's hardly flameworthy.  It's not like you actually packed them in boxes and dropped them off at UPS.  :)

When I am really pissed/irritated/fed up with my kids, I usually want to call them names like sh#%head.  I don't, but I usually do just let out a brief scream to let out some of my tension.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last night DH was saying that DD makes the decision for him to get a vasectomy a lot easier because she is so difficult. I told him it's very sad he would say that, but he is right, she really is tough.
  • My confession is that when DS is doing something that will cause him some kind of minor harm (like pull the cat's tail), I usually just let him do it.  I've usually already redirected him 3 times and I'm spent.  I just let the cat teach him the lesson.  If that makes me a bad mom, oh well, but my thinking is that he's gonna have to learn some things on his own.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageJaysonandKristin:
    My confession is that when DS is doing something that will cause him some kind of minor harm (like pull the cat's tail), I usually just let him do it.  I've usually already redirected him 3 times and I'm spent.  I just let the cat teach him the lesson.  If that makes me a bad mom, oh well, but my thinking is that he's gonna have to learn some things on his own.
    Right.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Liz342Liz342 member

imageMrsKatie07:
    Last night DH was saying that DD makes the decision for him to get a vasectomy a lot easier because she is so difficult. I told him it's very sad he would say that, but he is right, she really is tough.

We were dead set on 3 kids but I'd say the odds of a 3rd are 50/50 now.

DH says that if we are done having kids that DD is the sole reason.  He is right! Stick out tongue

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I tell the kids that I am going to run away and never come back!  It used to upset DS#1 but now he just looks at his little brother and says.. "Don't worry buddy, she ain't going no where!"  At that point I wish I could shoot small red lasers out of my eyes that would shock him... just the tiniest little bit. :-)
  • I think of driving to our local hospital to hunt down the doctor (not my regular physician) who did my tubal ligation....and hugging him.  Hard. 
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagermj80:

Once, DD was having a HORRIFIC temper tantrum and I got so pissed at her that I told her "If you're going to act like an animal, I'm going to put you in the back yard!" She didn't calm down so I had to follow through with it. I put her out in the back yard and let her scream and kick and cry it out.

Not one of my finest moments for sure.

Now that is awesome.  Honestly, no judgement here.  I don't even think it is a bad idea.  Much better than when DH decided to take all DD's toys away because she refused to clean her room.  Now, that was stupid.    

• You mean all your days aren't perfect with your children??? Lol! I tell DD the witch is gonna take her away and she will never see us again. That calms her down fairly quickly.
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • I think to myself how fast the last 7 years have gone by, and how fast the next 7 should go.  I will also look at the clothes they recently have grown out of, and give a silent cheer that they are growing up haha.

image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • imageKateB1984:

I usually have to use full restraint to not say shut up. It takes a lot of concentration sometimes.

My confession? I tell my kids when they're acting out that I'm going to sell them to the zoo. I ask them what cage they would prefer. Owen wants to live with the monkeys, and he'd like Caleb to stay with him. I keep insisting the penguins would be a better fit for Caleb, and we'll just send him in snow pants and a winter coat. I find the conversation about animal pens calms us all down, but the conversation does start with me angrily telling them to pack their bags, I'm selling them to the zoo and Owen saying "noooooooooooooooo!" 

My mom used to tell me she was going to sell me to gypsys. Similar idea but yours is much funnier :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKateB1984:

I usually have to use full restraint to not say shut up. It takes a lot of concentration sometimes.

My confession? I tell my kids when they're acting out that I'm going to sell them to the zoo. I ask them what cage they would prefer. Owen wants to live with the monkeys, and he'd like Caleb to stay with him. I keep insisting the penguins would be a better fit for Caleb, and we'll just send him in snow pants and a winter coat. I find the conversation about animal pens calms us all down, but the conversation does start with me angrily telling them to pack their bags, I'm selling them to the zoo and Owen saying "noooooooooooooooo!" 

That is hilarious!!! I laughed so hard I peed a little! My confession, when I get so so mad I actually start thinking about the twins that I lost, I also think about a women I know who lost her child to SIDs and another mom on the June board (my pregnancy board) who lost her daughter at almost 40 weeks due to a cord issue, and then I thank God that my kids are actually here with me right now making my blood boil and it makes me appreciate just how much I have. I'd rather be super mad and dealing with bad behavior than not be dealing with it at all. it's morbid but works like a charm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"