December 2010 Moms

**BOTW!**

I wish I had a shiny badge or something... lol!

What's your zodiac sign? Capricorn

What clique were you in, in high school? I was involved in so many varied activities that I could have easily sat at any lunch table and been accepted. I would have been labeled lots of different things depending on what I was doing at the time.

Are you a SAHM, Working Mom, or Work From Home Mom? I?m a SAHM and loving it! MH and I have made a lot of sacrifices to make it possible, and I?m so grateful I get to be home with my LO!

Coke or Pepsi? Neither. I don?t drink anything carbonated? and I don?t drink coffee, either!  Embarrassed Shocking, I know! I drink water at home and water, tea, or lemonade if we are out. My ultimate drink of choice is chai? I am seriously an addict.

How did you meet your DH/SO? We met in a Christian campus organization during undergrad. We were best friends before we eventually started dating. I think we were the last two out of all our family and friends to know we were in love.

What's your earliest childhood memory? I remember being in preschool at the indoor playground. I kept getting in trouble because during clean up time I would climb to the top of the jungle gym and shout to the other children, ?You be the workers and I?ll be the boss!?(and tell them what to clean up). FWIW, the other kids always listened? lol.

Have you ever traveled internationally? I?ve been to Canada at Niagara Falls?SO gorgeous!!! I have done a lot of travel domestically, though, and have a goal of visiting every state.

What's your #1 played iPod/iPhone/MP3 player song? Dixie Chicks Lullaby is C?s song, so we play and sing that one a lot.

What's your dream trip/experience to share with your child (now, or when they get older)? My parents used to take us on 2-4 week long vacations in the summer where we would drive and camp everywhere. We would visit state parks, national landmarks, amusement parks, etc. It was always so much fun, and I hope to be able to do that with my kids someday!

What was your favorite (non-registry) baby gift? A handmade blanket crocheted by my grandma. Now that she is gone it is even more of a priceless treasure.

Has there been anything you said you'd never do when you had a baby that you've since changed stance on? I was pretty flexible from the get go, so I never said never; however, there are several things we do now that I'm surprised by: supplementing with formula (due to my hopelessly low supply), still co-sleeping at almost 7 months (she sleeps in her own bed, but still in our room), and having a paci addict (I wanted to use it sparingly, but she was a comfort nurser).

How many children do you have and what number child is your December LO? C is #1!

How many children do you want?  Probably one more, but the jury is still out. I had a complicated pregnancy, labor, and delivery, so I?m just not sure what I can handle physically.

Do you have a mom/parenting website or blog recommendation for us? I like AndNobodyToldMe.com, it just has short little articles that help me feel more normal as a mom.

How about a non-mom/parenting website or blog recommendation? Hide your eyes, Jillybean!!!! I love reading KS?s latest hijinks at: sittingsopretty.wordpress.com

I also love getting new recipes at thepioneerwoman.com

Which celebrity do you get told you resemble? I?ve never been told that I look like a celebrity, but people ?recognize? me all the time (even though they don?t know me). I must just have a familiar looking face.

Where's Waldo? Well he was with your mother last night? Wink

What are you wearing right now? Jean shorts, a nursing tank, and a comfy t-shirt

How did you come up with your LOs name? I?ve always loved the name Charlotte, and grew up knowing I would name a daughter that someday. MH and I both loved it more than any other name on our list. Her middle name is Louise, which is a named shared by our grandmothers (mine passed away when I was a baby and MH?s passed away a few years ago).

What did you have for supper last night? Lemon-pepper grilled chicken, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli? probably my favorite summer meal!

What is your favorite tv show? My favorite show of all time is probably Boy Meets World or Gilmore Girls. I don?t watch any actual TV right now, but MH and I sit down once or twice a week to watch whatever is good that season (right now we are watching Master Chef?I?m a total food geek) on hulu.

Have you ever been arrested? Nope.

AW your LO!  (Please post pictures - your favorites, the ones you find the funniest, etc) I know I?m a total Debbie Downer, but I don?t post photos of C on TB. She is REALLY cute though! Babycakes and I used the ?What will my baby look like? application with Griff and C to see what our future grandkids will look  like, so maybe I?ll see if I can repost those? lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **BOTW!**

• first off i have to say i've seen photos of C and she is beautiful!!!!!!  our grandchildren, though, were not so lucky in the looks department lol

which states have you visited so far?  have you visited anywhere else in canada?

how was pregnancy, labor and delivery complicated?

what is your favorite recipe to make?

im having so much fun learning about you =D 

• Ahahahaha, love the shout out! ;) I know it's some pretty crazy reading at times and therefore must be fun.

I liked learning more about you too!

And one more question: What's your "go to" outfit or look?

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I met DH through a Christian organization in undergrad too. Which one were you involved in, and where did you go to school?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also a chai addict!   I even named our cat Chai.. lol  Have you had the Oregon Chai brand that you mix at home?  
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • congrats on being BOTW!

Lullaby by Dixie Chicks is on my baby CD that I made DS when I was PG & is one of my absolute fav's!

• What are your favorite pajamas? Stick out tongue
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageKellina:
    What are your favorite pajamas? Stick out tongue

oh MamaP you've got to answer this one! 

• imagexxbabycakesxx:

first off i have to say i've seen photos of C and she is beautiful!!!!!!  our grandchildren, though, were not so lucky in the looks department lol

which states have you visited so far?  have you visited anywhere else in canada?

how was pregnancy, labor and delivery complicated?

what is your favorite recipe to make?

im having so much fun learning about you =D 

Thank you!! But yeah, I agree those grandkids of ours are pretty creepy looking!!

I don't have my list of states, but I think I'm right around the 35-40 mark. Most of the states I haven't visited are some of the coastal states (East, South, and West) or Alaska or Hawaii. I havn't been anywhere else in Canada. We took a day trip to the Niagara Falls Canada side while spending the week in Boston (on of my favorite cities!). I loved it there, though!

My major pregnancy complication was from a giant fibroid that kept growing and growing. It caused pre-term labor twice (stopped with medication) and bedrest. I had to be induced so that it could be monitored appropriately, but it was causing C to be in a crazy position and keeping my contrations from moving her down... so I ended up with an urgent C-Section (which was complicated because when they took my uterus out of my body for the delivery, the fibroid had to be moved with it, which took extra doctors). I'll have surgery this winter to remove the fibroid for good.

All of my favorite recipes are Latino foods (Mexican, Spanish, Brazilian, etc).... YUM!

• imagejillybean800:

Ahahahaha, love the shout out! ;) I know it's some pretty crazy reading at times and therefore must be fun.

I liked learning more about you too!

And one more question: What's your "go to" outfit or look?

I'm glad you aren't mad at me!! Wink

I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl... ALL the time! I wear flip flops as long as I can through the year (I absolutely HATE socks and closed shoes). In the winter I add a hoodie to keep warm. MH and I are both sports fans (college for basketball and NFL for football-- no baseball), so I have a lot of t-shirts like that.

I do like to get dressed up for special occasions, though!

• imageNicole0012:
    I met DH through a Christian organization in undergrad too. Which one were you involved in, and where did you go to school?

Navigators (it is much smaller than some of the other groups) at the University of Illinois. What about you?!

• image--halo--:
    I am also a chai addict!   I even named our cat Chai.. lol  Have you had the Oregon Chai brand that you mix at home?  

We have a friend with a cat named Chai!! I do have both powder and liquid chai mix at home (the powder I think is Oregon brand, the liquid is Starbucks). Do you prefer yours hot or cold? I love both (I'd be happy with an IV drip), but I really love chai fraps. nom nom nom.

• imagebosha711:

congrats on being BOTW!

Lullaby by Dixie Chicks is on my baby CD that I made DS when I was PG & is one of my absolute fav's!

Thanks!

It is probably my favorite lullaby ever! When C was a newborn, MH would dance around the room rocking her to that song and she fell asleep every time. It was the sweetest thing ever to watch!!

• imageKellina:
    What are your favorite pajamas? Stick out tongue

If I'm being honest, I kind of hate wearing pajamas... lol. If I have to wear "decent" jammies, I wear shorts and a tank top. I hate it when long pants ride up or when shirts get pulled around my neck funny. I prefer boy shorts and a tank or sports bra.

• kj07kj07 member

Bumpie of the Week - Hooray MamaPajama!

Thanks for sharing. You're welcome to come to our house and cook your summer dinner anytime Wink

I'm pretty sure this was asked before at some point, but for you is it pa-JAH-mas or pa-JAM-as ?

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • imageMamaPajama2010:

imageNicole0012:
    I met DH through a Christian organization in undergrad too. Which one were you involved in, and where did you go to school?

Navigators (it is much smaller than some of the other groups) at the University of Illinois. What about you?!

I've heard of Navigators!

We were involved in Young Life at Bowling Green State University.

• Congrats on BOTW!

I cracked up at you being the boss in preschool..

Do you think C will be more like you or DH in personality?

• imagekj07:

Bumpie of the Week - Hooray MamaPajama!

Thanks for sharing. You're welcome to come to our house and cook your summer dinner anytime Wink

I'm pretty sure this was asked before at some point, but for you is it pa-JAH-mas or pa-JAM-as ?

Thank you, thank you ::bows gracefully::

Where do you live?

I say both (jah and jam) pretty equally, actually.

• imageNicole0012:
    imageMamaPajama2010:

imageNicole0012:

I've heard of Young Life, too... although I don't think we had it at Illinois. Aren't you or YH at Ohio State right now?

• imagejkjacq71:

Congrats on BOTW!

I cracked up at you being the boss in preschool..

Do you think C will be more like you or DH in personality?

Thanks! And lol, my family still makes fun of me-- I wasn't bossy, I was the boss! Big Smile

C is pretty much a mini-me with her personality so far... the good, the bad, and the ugly! Ha! Poor DH!

• imageMamaPajama2010:
    imageNicole0012:
    imageMamaPajama2010:

imageNicole0012:

I've heard of Young Life, too... although I don't think we had it at Illinois. Aren't you or YH at Ohio State right now?

We are living in Columbus, and DH is a PhD student at OSU, teaching undergrad classes while he works on his dissertation.

• imageMamaPajama2010:

Thank you!! But yeah, I agree those grandkids of ours are pretty creepy looking!!

I don't have my list of states, but I think I'm right around the 35-40 mark. Most of the states I haven't visited are some of the coastal states (East, South, and West) or Alaska or Hawaii. I havn't been anywhere else in Canada. We took a day trip to the Niagara Falls Canada side while spending the week in Boston (on of my favorite cities!). I loved it there, though!

My major pregnancy complication was from a giant fibroid that kept growing and growing. It caused pre-term labor twice (stopped with medication) and bedrest. I had to be induced so that it could be monitored appropriately, but it was causing C to be in a crazy position and keeping my contrations from moving her down... so I ended up with an urgent C-Section (which was complicated because when they took my uterus out of my body for the delivery, the fibroid had to be moved with it, which took extra doctors). I'll have surgery this winter to remove the fibroid for good.

All of my favorite recipes are Latino foods (Mexican, Spanish, Brazilian, etc).... YUM!

wow you've visited a lot of states already!

so is the fibroid causing any issues for you right now? 

• imagexxbabycakesxx:
    imageMamaPajama2010:

wow you've visited a lot of states already!

so is the fibroid causing any issues for you right now? 

It causes me to still measure 20 weeks pregnant Crying and it causes more frequent/heavier/more painful AF. I'm waiting until I wean C to have the surgery, but I'm really looking forward to having it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"