High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Moms with experience with pre-e....please come in!

So with DS, I was diagnosed with pre-e at 37w3d and induced that night.  I had a NASTY headache and my bp was high (don't remember what it was).

So my doctor has been monitoring my bp (among other things).  

Normally, my BP is 102-105/60-65.  Yesterday it was 120/78 and just now it was 125/83.  I know that in a person with a little higher baseline bp, this isn't high - but it is a lot higher than normal for me. 

Anyone have any experience with this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms with experience with pre-e....please come in!

• Options

I had pre-e with my first and am 17 weeks with my second.  My bp has been elevated since 10 weeks, but no protein this time.  My dr sent me to a nutritionist for a lower sodium diet and to keep my weight gain on the lower end to try to reduce the stress on my body.  I am also to reduce my activity.  My bp was lower, but still high for me, at my last appointment (I go every 2 weeks).  I take my bp 2-3 times a day.  It is always normal when I take it (it was calibrated, so it's accurate - I probably have white coat hypertension too).  I don't know if the new diet is the reason for my improvement, but I figure it can't hurt.

Good luck.

• Options

not sure what your question is, since you probably already know the pre-e basics from the first time?  i'm assuming you were spilling protein the first time?  I had mild pre-e starting really early the first time, and ended up being induced for IUGR.  your BP's definitely aren't anywhere close to the stroke range, so i don't think it's time to freak out but mention it to your doc.  have you done a 24hr urine? 

tips for lowering bp: exercise, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, eating un-processed food (particularly cucumbers and celery from what i've been told...and stay away from sugar) and make sure you're getting enough protein (70-90g a day)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

hi there! i think it's something very important to keep an eye out for and do as much as you can to counteract, like the poster above me is saying. also, taking baby aspirin once or twice a day is supposed to be helpful, but there is no way of preventing preeclampsia, they have not proven anything, so a person can do all of these things and still get it. I was induced at 37 weeks and had 140/90, which was the borderline they said for high BP. but i was splling protein, so that's what concerned them most. unfortunately however, my BP spiked after delivery too, and I developed postpartum HELLP syndrome, so while the #s are important, they can change, so definitely keep an eye. i now am 18 months postpartum, my baby is doing great, and my bp is now where it alwys had been, around 104-120/60-70

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"