Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I can't watch (blank) anymore

I don't know about you ladies, but during the time that I was pg I was all about watching A Baby Story, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom (even though I'm not a huge fan of those shows, I learned a few things watching them), and other similar tv programs. Now, when they come up on the screen, I quickly have to change the channel. Anyone else in the same boat?
BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

Re: I can't watch (blank) anymore

• Absolutely.

16&Pregnant, I didn't know I was pregnant, Teen Mom... Shows that I would just stumble on that I would watch now seem to really upset me. They remind me of how unfair and unpredictable life can be. Unfortunately, same goes for walking around a grocery store or sitting in my doctors office. It's amazing how something like this can completely change your view of the world.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMButcher1003:

Absolutely.

16&Pregnant, I didn't know I was pregnant, Teen Mom... Shows that I would just stumble on that I would watch now seem to really upset me. They remind me of how unfair and unpredictable life can be. Unfortunately, same goes for walking around a grocery store or sitting in my doctors office. It's amazing how something like this can completely change your view of the world.

This! It's so sad. I loved going to the doctors and seeing all the happy pregnant people with their cute bellies...it was always something I looked forward to. Now I avoid at all costs.

• Loading the player...
  • 16 and Pregnant.  Haven't watched it since.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those shows were regularly on my tv before my losses.  I could.not.stand.them up until about 2 weeks ago - I watched Taking Home Baby and did okay - sad, but not like I used to be so close to my losses.  I still can't watch 16 and Pregnant, or Teen Mom.  It really depends on the day.

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ditto on all these shows. I used to whine to my husband that A Baby Story was always on when I was at work so I never got to see it, but now I'm thankful that it is. It's part of the reason I went back to work so soon, so many babies on daytime TV. Ugh...

I'm usually pretty good at ignoring babies when I go out, but while grocery shopping the other day, a store employee was coo-ing over some customer's baby and I got a bit teary-eyed and angry. This sounds terrible, but I thought the baby was kind of ugly. I think that about a lot of babies now. I think it's mostly jealousy and bitterness.

EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • Yep.

16 and Pregnant

Teen Mom

I Didn't know I was Pregnant

A Baby Story

Pregnant in Heels

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • imageHBaylies:

Yep.

16 and Pregnant

Teen Mom

I Didn't know I was Pregnant

A Baby Story

Pregnant in Heels

Ah! I forgot about Pregnancy in Heels. I did watch that a few times. Have you noticed that the majority of these shows feature women who didn't want or plan for their pregnancy, or maybe do want the baby, but only if a nanny changes his/her diapers? It's a bit sickening...

EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • I'm in the same boat as well. I have always been the biggest fan of baby bumps and now I just don't even want to see them.  On top of that I have a few super pregnant friends right now with big bumps that are so cute, but I just get so jealous seeing them now. 

16 and pregnant just makes me think it's so unfair that these younger moms-to-be can be with child and that I wasn't able to maintain a pregnancy at 26 when I was ready to take on the responsibility of motherhood.

BFP 5/22/11 Beta #1 400s; Beta #2 500s; U/S 7w1d nothing in Uterus; Beta #3 300s; Beta #4 400s; U/S 6/10/11 diagnosed ectopic, receieved methotrexate; Beta #5 600s; Beta #6 265; Emergency laparoscopy led to right tube Salpingectomy @11w1d 6/22/11
  • imagelindsey0710:

I'm in the same boat as well. I have always been the biggest fan of baby bumps and now I just don't even want to see them.  On top of that I have a few super pregnant friends right now with big bumps that are so cute, but I just get so jealous seeing them now. 

16 and pregnant just makes me think it's so unfair that these younger moms-to-be can be with child and that I wasn't able to maintain a pregnancy at 26 when I was ready to take on the responsibility of motherhood.

That is EXACTLY why I can't watch it any more. 

BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• I was watching One Born Every Minute all the time before my loss. I actually watched my last episode the night my water broke. I watched I Didn't Know I was Pregnant yesterday though, and it didn't bother me as much as I expected.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
  • Not really a TV show, but I can't look at my FB news feed anymore.  I have several "friends" expecting and some with new little ones and it breaks my heart to read their status updates and see their pictures.  I am seriously thinking of suspending my account.
  • I find there's lots of "regular" tv shows I can't watch either. In Plain Sight has a pregnant main character, and although I love How I Met Your Mother, I'm dreading the return in the fall because Lily is pregnant. It just seems like everywhere I turn there are pregnant bellies, and I can't stand it!!
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep, all of the above are really gut-wrenching for me, too. But I'm apparently a martyr because I still catch myself watching them and then getting upset at certain scenes.

Also, I LOVED Rosie Pope in Pregnant in Heels. Loved. Part of the season was on when I was pg, and then the night we found out about our loss I watched it and I'm pretty sure that was the episode she found out she was pg (while doing IVF but before they did a transfer!) after her ectopic loss. I totally lost my shiit because I just like her so much and to see them so happy and with an unexpected, wanted pregnancy was very inspiring but also really really sad. Why did I just have to over-analyze that show to death? Not sure but obviously I did enjoy that show:)

Another blogger! My Life in Transition.

Married 05.27.07
    BFP#1 - 07.07.09 | EDD 03.14.10 | Truman Anthony born @38w 03.01.10
    BFP#2 - 03.24.11 | EDD 11.29.11 | missed MC found @9w 04.26.11 | D&C @16w 06.13.11
    BFP#3 - 09.17.11 | EDD 05.29.12 | It's a girl!!!
    My BFP Chart
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **my labor buddy is Sweepie412**

• FB posts are DEF. hard too. I have so many friends that either have their songram pictures as their profile pic, or their professional bump photos, or their cute bumps in bathing suits... and don't forget all the feeds about "My baby is ** weeks...." followed by a description of how big their baby is, etc.

I try to scroll past them really quick.

BFP 5/22/11 Beta #1 400s; Beta #2 500s; U/S 7w1d nothing in Uterus; Beta #3 300s; Beta #4 400s; U/S 6/10/11 diagnosed ectopic, receieved methotrexate; Beta #5 600s; Beta #6 265; Emergency laparoscopy led to right tube Salpingectomy @11w1d 6/22/11
  • FB statuses are the worst. One of my friends posted that she was pregnant while I had an IV stuck to my arm waiting for me D & C. I know she didn't know that I was pregnant, but it still hurt.

I'm also going to change my route to work so I don't pass the Babies R Us. I can't look at it right now.

BFP:5/1/2011 HCG 6/15/2011: 62,200 D & C 6/30/2011
  • 16 and Pregnant, hands down.  I used to watch that and Teen Mom but now after having a 2nd loss, I can't do it.  It makes me question my faith as to why God would let these undeserving teens have babies while capable adults like dh and I struggle.

Also, like the PP said, Facebook.  All the posts and pics about bellies etc, I have to scroll past it quickly.

AND, quick story, I went to the mall to look for a dress for a wedding.  I was in NY and Co. and the second I walked in I heard a baby fussing.  Whatever, I continue shopping.  The fussing turns into full on crying.  This baby was in its infant seat and must've been 5-6 mos old and kept trying to sit up.  I go into fitting room and the baby's still screaming.  I want to scream at the mother!!!   Can't you soothe your own child??!!  Shopping can wait!!!  Pisses me off.....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image Photobucket TTC since 2005 10/07 failed IUI with Gonal F and trigger 12/07 2nd failed IUI with Gonal F and trigger, right ovary hyperstimulated. 4/10/08 while saving for IVF, got our first BFP with the OVWatch! DD born 12/3/08 :) 7/10/10 BFP #2, m/c 6w blighted ovum 5/25/11 BfP #3, m/c 8w had hb at 6w, started spotting at 8w, no hb. TTC again ever since!
  • For a while I was sensitive to those shows, but eventually I got to a point where I realized it didn't bother me to watch.  It actually felt good to know that there's hope.

Lately, I can't watch "The Secret Life of the American Teenager " bc one of the characters went through the loss of a baby recently.  It's bringing up a lot of bad/hard memories for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"