Single Parents

Supervised visitation

If you have or had supervised visitation, how did you get it?

Ex is suing me for standard visitation which here is everyother weekend, alternating holidays and 2 weeks in the summer. He has only met DD 3 times and has an alcohol problem. He has 2 other kids and I have documented the things he has done while having them (driving drunk to take them home, taking them to stay at crack houses etc.) He has 2 DUIs but when my lawyer tried to look them up they have been esponged(sp?) . So I'm assuming this can't be brought up in court?

I'm just terrified he is going to get to take her overnight. I know eventually he will get standard visitation but I want to push that back as far as I can. I have soo many reasons documented as to why he should not have her overnight but I'm still worried because he already has standard visitation set up with his other kids, but their mom's are just as bad parents as he is so they don't care what he does with them.

Also, I'm not breastfeeding. I know that can be another reason for him not taking her overnight.

Sorry this is long and TIA for any input.

DD1 born 11.23.10
DD2 born 4.16.14

Re: Supervised visitation

• I'm pushing for supervised visitation but we are in limbo right now (court date isnt for another few weeks, I think STBXH pushed it back so he could get clean).  I am hoping that there will be no overnights until 18 months (but you never know, I guess it depends on the judge you get?)

I dont really have any advice, sorry.  But wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat.  When is your court date?

ETA: How are you doing visitation in the meantime?

• We don't have a court date set yet because we have outstanding cases in 2 counties, one is for CS, so they have to figure out where this is going to go.

Right now we don't have any visitation. He just now decided he wants to be a part of her life. I think it's because now she sleeps through the night and is easier to deal with. It's sad but unfortunately that's the kind of person he is.

I have told him that he can come see her anytime he wanted but he refuses to. He really thinks that the judge is going to allow a 7 month old to go overnight with a man she has only met 3 times..

DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
  • Loading the player...
  • I got supervised visitation from the get go with XH.

When we first went to mediation he agreed to it, and now it sounds like he's agreeing to it again, for three hours/week.  I don't know what to say about him NOT agreeing to it.  I think documenting everything is perfect.  Does he have any crminal history you can bring to the court's attention (besides DUIs)?

I have every.single.thing that XH has done.  Down to a mug shot taken last May to pictures of drugs that I found in his truck.  I've also documented everything that he has done (in very little detail just dates and incidents). 

I would ask your lawyer if the DUIs can be used in court.

A friend of mine had an ex that had supervised visitation before because of criminal history and mental health issues that were documented.  The court doesn't care about heresay, just the facts, if you have them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There isn't anything else we can find on him apart from a few stays in the drunk tank and some minor stuff 8 years ago before he had kids.

I have the instances that I was present for documented like him leaving his 4 year olds alone at my house for a few hours while I was gone and many more things along those lines. I'm just not sure it's enough to get supervised.

I would like for it to be supervised until DD can talk and tell me if something happened, but that's like 3 years away.

DD1 born 11.23.10
    DD2 born 4.16.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"