Success after IF
Options

1 Nap or 2?

My Babies were just taking one nap because at the time, it seemed sufficient.  They would get a catnap in their stroller in the morning during our walk and it seemed okay.  Well, as of the past couple of days - yesterday in particular - they seem to need another nap.  So, today they slept from about 11 until 1.  They ate at around 1:30 and I put them back in their cribs for another nap at around 2:45 since they seemed tired after playing for awhile.  I think they're sleeping since I haven't heard a peep out of either of them and they seemed to be fine with laying down again.

Does this sound about right?  I'm reading Ferber and I think he recommends two naps at this phase which is why I found it kinda strange that they were only taking one before.  I'm a big fan of routine, but if they don't seem to need a second nap at times, do I just go with the flow and keep them up?

Thanks for any advice!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: 1 Nap or 2?

• Options
    CBLCBL member
    Heck yeah - 2 maps for sure at that age!!  If you're going to establish a 2 nap routine, you might want to try bumping the morning one up a bit - even if it's just to 10:30.  I seem to remember G doing  10-11:30 and then 3 - 4:30 naps at that age.
  • Options
    at 15 months DS gets two naps totaling 3 hours sometimes 4; however, he might be transitioning to one.  He sleeps 10-11 hours at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was also going to ask what time they go to bed? Wake up for the day? Are they still waking at night?

Jake has been a 2x a day napper for like months now (since about 6mths) and even though we are approching a year I don't see him dropping either of his naps in the near future..

Jake naps at 930 (for about an hour hour and half) and then at 2:30/3ish for for about 2 hrs..even though today for instance he only got about an hour because of the thunder and lighting..

He goes to bed at 7/30..

• Options
    imageAlissaCell701:

I was also going to ask what time they go to bed? Wake up for the day? Are they still waking at night?

Jake has been a 2x a day napper for like months now (since about 6mths) and even though we are approching a year I don't see him dropping either of his naps in the near future..

Jake naps at 930 (for about an hour hour and half) and then at 2:30/3ish for for about 2 hrs..even though today for instance he only got about an hour because of the thunder and lighting..

He goes to bed at 7/30..

They STTN and go to bed at around 9:00 pm.  They wake up at around 7:00 am.  I think that I hear one of them making a little noise right now so they might be getting up shortly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAlissaCell701:

He goes to bed at 7/30..

I think Jake is Jones' brotha from anotha motha :) 
  • Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member

At 7 months?  For sure 2 naps... at that age my girls would go down for a morning nap around 9-9:30 and then take an afternoon nap somewhere between 1 and 2.

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    all 3 of my boys took 2 naps until 15mo+... that's when daycare transitions babies to 1 nap, but often my guys still needed 2 on some days around that time.
    I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ali212Ali212 member
    Definitely 2 naps at 7 months.  I have a 5-month old who still takes 3 naps...I'm hoping she transitions to 2 naps around 7 months but I don't see 1 nap until after a year (that's when my older daughter transitioned to 1 nap and dropped the morning one).
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"