May 2011 Moms

EBF Moms....frozen supply

Hello ladies!  I was just wondering how much you have stored already?  I'm going to be going back to work at the end of August full time, 3 12 hour shifts a week, so I will need storage for my Mom and DH to give Parker.  Parker is 4 weeks today and I just counted my milk supply and I have 117 oz so far.  I think it's good, but just wasn't sure what you guys had stored already.  TIA!

A Team Green, Little Boy!! Parker David June 2, 2011 5:19PM 9lbs 4oz and 21 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: EBF Moms....frozen supply

• I only have around 50 oz. You are doing great!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Better than my supply. I haven't started much. I have about 30 oz. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not going back to work, but I've been freezing some just incase (if I go on meds for some reason, for solids later on, if we need a date night desperately, etc). I have about 70oz or so. I usually get about 4-6oz when I pump overnight - he sleeps for a good 4-6hr stretch and I feed him one boob and pump the other to get my 4-6oz. That's all I pump though, if I were to pump more seriously I guess I could get more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have 86oz from pumping a few times a week. DD is 7 weeks.

DD1 Born 11/06/09
    DD2 Born 05/11/11
     #3   EDD 05/02/16 
  • I started pumping 2 weeks ago, once per day on most days, and have about 80 oz so far.  Not much, but a decent start.
  • I only have about 50 ounces.  I'm going back to work PT next week, but I won't be away from her for an entire day (for work or school) for a few months yet.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I have about 60 ounces, 2 weeks of thrush sucks. When I go back to work I will mostly use what I pump the day before for the following days bottles, working in frozen when I need to.
  • mmkayemmkaye member
    I have a whopping 7.5 oz four of which will be his overnight bottle.  My supply meets his needs, but I have nothing left over.  When do you guys pump?  I have been pumping at the overnight bottle.  (He is a super slow nurser, so he gets a bottle at his middle of the night feeding.)  I also usually pump after the first morning nursing and before I go to bed after I nurse him.  Unfortunately, I get very little after he nurses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestargzr77:
    I have about 60 ounces, 2 weeks of thrush sucks. When I go back to work I will mostly use what I pump the day before for the following days bottles, working in frozen when I need to.

This.

Fresh is better than frozen so I only use frozen as a last resort.

• I have between 150-175 oz on the freezer. I pump once a day (sometimes twice) and get 4-6 oz per pump (on one side). I usually pump one side in the morning after she wakes up and eats the other side.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • So you got me really curious! I had to go add up my freezer supply and I have 350 ounces! I couldn't believe it.  I try to pump though after every feeding so that is why my supply is so much more.  I think you have a great start just keep it up!
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • imagemegbaby13:
    Better than my supply. I haven't started much. I have about 30 oz. 

Me too. I am not going back to work anytime soon so I haven't been working super hard at it. We'll dip into it for date nights etc.  

• darmcadarmca member
    I've only got about 20oz- I'm also in Canada so not returning to work anytime soon. I find unless he gives me a 3-4 hour break (and he only really does that once a day) there's no point in pumping because I only seem to get like 1oz (if that). He eats every 2 hours in the morning and every 1-2hours in the afternoon. When he gives me 3-4 hours I get 2-3oz. Oh well...
  • I just started pumping this week so that I would have some available if I need to go somewhere without baby (not returning to work).   So far I have 17oz in the freezer.  Right now I'm only pumping once a day after my morning shower while he is napping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have close to 200oz now I go back on the 11th. which is much earlier than I had planned. I haven't had time this past week to pump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"