Infertility

Finally found out my AMH

Not because my doctors bothered to call me with my lab results but because I went to outpatient records and requested all of my charts pertaining to my infertility visits.

It's no wonder they can't figure out what's wrong with me! On one page the nurse wrote that my HSG was normal and on the next page the doctor wrote that I had some sort of filling defect so I needed a hysteroscopy. Another doctor wrote that it was acceptable to switch to Femara since I had been unsuccessful with Clomid for 6+ months (I took it four cycles.)  Just all sorts of discombobulated. Have I mentioned that I hate military hospitals? 

So I was negative for the CF mutation and my AMH was .87, which according to Dr. Google is on the low end of normal. Is that right? 

I gave you life, then you gave me mine.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
Resumed TTC in October 2009 HSG, Hysteroscopy, S/A all clear
Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
25 August Lap revealed Endo, adhesions and blocked left tube
September 2011: Femara + IUI #4 (IUI #1 post endo removal) =BFFN
November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11
Beta #1 at 9dp5dt=153! Beta #2 at 16dp5dt= 4009!

Ultrasound 12/30 showed one beautiful heartbeat! EDD 17 August, 2012

Hazel Evelyn arrived 10 August, 2012!

Surprise natural BFP March 2015. M/C at 5 weeks
Another surprise natural BFP April 2015

Re: Finally found out my AMH

• ,87 is low, what is your antral follicle count?  the AFC is just as important...

the AMH isnt the end-all be-all either.  women with AMHs of .06 or whatever still get pregnant.  harder, yes. impossible, no.

• I've never had an antral follicle count done. Guess that's something else I need to talk to my doctors about.

TTC February 2008 to October 2008 One year forced break due to OIF deployment #2
    Five total medicated cycles and IUI #1-3 = BFN and all while we were still "unexplained IF"
    November: IVF #1: Stims started 11/16 ER 11/25 (7R, 5F) ET 11/30 Transferred 2 beautiful expanding blastocysts +HPT 12/6/11

• Loading the player...
  • it's done on CD3 along with your FSH and E2.  AFC is just as important as AMH bc it tells you how many working follicles you have.  it can fluctuate but not a ton, just like the AMH. 
  • Here's a chart of AMH by age. Not sure how old you are but 0.87 isn't very good ( I assuming you are low 30's).  I'm sorry you are getting crappy care at the military hospital.

https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/pdf/AMH%20Update.pdf

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• imageMrs.McIrish:

Here's a chart of AMH by age. Not sure how old you are but 0.87 isn't very good ( I assuming you are low 30's).  I'm sorry you are getting crappy care at the military hospital.

I'm 27. So according to that chart I have the fertility of a 40 year old? 

• imageFraggleChic:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

Here's a chart of AMH by age. Not sure how old you are but 0.87 isn't very good ( I assuming you are low 30's).  I'm sorry you are getting crappy care at the military hospital.

I would definitely ask your RE about that as that's what the chart is saying. Was your FSH/E2 normal?

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I am 30 and my AMH is 0.67. Since it is so low we are doing IVF with CGH. This past cycle I did produce 17 eggs but only 2 came back chromosomally normal and only one made it to Day5. The blasts the looked absolutely perfect on Day5 ended up being "complex abnormal." The best looking blast had 5 trisomies! My RE said that if we would have transfered embryos based on looks, that I 100% would have had a miscarriage if the embryos implanted. I just found out on Wednesday that this cycle ended in a chemical. According to my RE, AMH tells you the "age" of your ovaries. Yes I responded well, but the quality of my eggs were equivelent to someone in their late 40's. We are hoping to start another IVF with CGH in late July.

• imageMrs.McIrish:
    imageFraggleChic:
    imageMrs.McIrish:

I would definitely ask your RE about that as that's what the chart is saying. Was your FSH/E2 normal?

The doctors, up to this point, have been refusing to do CD3 testing on me because the "only test women over 30" and I'm "young" and it would be "abnormal" for me to have anything like that wrong.  Just goes to show that while it would be extremely rare, obvious there are exceptions to the rule.  Seeing how testing my AMH should have been one of the first things they did when I became a patient last September (and I have repeatedly asked for more tests) I think it might be time my husband and I visit Patient Advocacy.

• imageFraggleChic:

it might be time my husband and I visit Patient Advocacy.

This.

dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • AMH is an indicator or response and reserve ONLY, egg quality is related to age or external factors for the most part.

Please don't compare yourself to a 40 year old because age-related aneuploidy is not something you are battling, and though .87 is not ideal, it is nowhere near bad. There have been plenty of younger women on the board with AMH of .5 or lower getting pregnant considerably easier than AMA ladies.

https://www.advancedfertility.com/amh-fertility-test.htm

No doubt your care needs to be customized, but low-normal is not an indication of a problem per se. Also note that once you're cycling and have a history of medication and protocols your AMH really doesn't mean a whole lot. It's just a starting point to get an idea of your overall ovarian reserve and it's not the end of the story.

+++
  •  ds ment.

wow, i cant believe they have never tested your CD3 hormones.  fyi, even if your FSH and E2 come back "normal" it really doesnt mean anything when you only have it tested once.  FSH can fluctuate greatly. 

...just so you know, my RE is in total opposition with a PP's RE.  when i mentioned donor eggs to him he said "you are 32 years old, you do NOT need donor eggs".  My age, coupled with my history im sure is what prompted him to say this.  - i conceived my son on the first TTC cycle three years ago.  then we TTC for #2 in january 2011 and i got pg and m/c, then 4 cycles later i had a chemical. my miscarriages are most likely due to my DOR and most likely the eggs themselves...but my RE seems to think that we just have to find the good eggs and he is confident they still exist.  And fyi, when i conceived my son 3 years ago, i had an AFC of 9.  Now, i have an AFC of 8-9, which is low for AFC.   My AMH currently is .34....when i was 29, it probably wasnt a whole lot higher. 

...you are only 27....i would be REALLY surprised if you cant get pregnant with your own eggs.  you can always still get pregnant naturally too....PP is right, a lot of women with low AMHs can still get pregnant relatively easy.  some more than others.  most REs and studies say that age is the factor to look for in terms of egg quality.

• Thank you for your input ladies. I need to step away from Dr. Google, I think. I guess I will have to wait until next Friday to have all my questions answered.

• STL34STL34 member
    imageEdwina.McDunnough:

AMH is an indicator or response and reserve ONLY, egg quality is related to age or external factors for the most part.

Please don't compare yourself to a 40 year old because age-related aneuploidy is not something you are battling, and though .87 is not ideal, it is nowhere near bad. There have been plenty of younger women on the board with AMH of .5 or lower getting pregnant considerably easier than AMA ladies.

No doubt your care needs to be customized, but low-normal is not an indication of a problem per se. Also note that once you're cycling and have a history of medication and protocols your AMH really doesn't mean a whole lot. It's just a starting point to get an idea of your overall ovarian reserve and it's not the end of the story.

This completely.  I'm 33 with a really low AMH.  My clinic definitely believes that AMH is an indication of quantity and not quality.  They believe quality is based on age and protocol of stimulation.  Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• mm29mm29 member
    imageSTL34:
    imageEdwina.McDunnough:

AMH is an indicator or response and reserve ONLY, egg quality is related to age or external factors for the most part.

This completely.  I'm 33 with a really low AMH.  My clinic definitely believes that AMH is an indication of quantity and not quality.  They believe quality is based on age and protocol of stimulation.  Good luck

This!  I'm 30 and my AMH is very low as well.  GL!
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"