1st Trimester
Options

baby bump

Hello moms-to-be! I'm a newbie to posting and such. Just wondering how many of you are showing or were showing by 8 weeks? I have a noticeable bump already and thought am i supposed to be this big yet? :) I haven't had an ultrasound yet so I don't know what exactly is going on in there. My Ultrasound is next week Thursday! 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: baby bump

• Options
    yep, i'm showing.  But it's my 2nd time and I think it is a lot of bloat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Winkmaybe your having twins!!!!!!
    mommy2bee
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I'm showing. And have been since like 5 or 6...Unfortunately that is largely due to baby bloat and the three large ovarian cysts I have right now. :-/
    BFP #1 4/07, 6/07 MMC 9w6d D&C | DX PCOS/annovulatory | BFP #2 (50 mg Clomid) 11/8/10, Natural MC 11/25/10 | Cycle #1 (50 mg Clomid) BFN | Cycle #2 (100 mg Clomid) BFN | Cycle #3 (100 mg Clomid & HCG trigger) BFN | Cycle #4 (100 mg Clomid, HCG trigger, & IUI)= BFN | Cycle #5 (150 mg Clomid, HCG trigger, & IUI) = BFP --> Beta #1 12DPO: 48, Beta #2 14dpo: 171, Progesterone: 105, Beta #3 19dpo: 2,418 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was showing at 7 weeks already and it was NOT bloat :) I'm really skinny and small so when the uterus started growing there was no place for it but to go out LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your LO is about the size of a blueberry and still not above your pelvic bone....your just experiencing bloat.  It will come and go but the bump is coming just be patient!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Interesting enough, twins run in my husbands family. His mother was a twin, and his grandmother had 4 sets of twins (13 children in all). So I really don't know. Guess we'll have to see next week Thursday. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageleemo24:
    Interesting enough, twins run in my husbands family. His mother was a twin, and his grandmother had 4 sets of twins (13 children in all). So I really don't know. Guess we'll have to see next week Thursday. 

Just wanted to clear this up - you have no greater chance of having twins because there are twins on your husband's side of the family. Think about it. If you were to have twins, the egg would have to split (a freak a nature, not something that genetics can control), or you would have had to release two eggs in the cycle that you conceived. Try as he might, your husband has no control over how many eggs you pop. Twins is only hereditary on the mother's side for this reason.

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I'm pretty thin and all, but it's just bloat until your baby is big enough to move out of your pelvis.  Around 8-9 weeks my doctor could feel my swollen uterus in my pelvis but there's no way I could.  I think I started getting a slight bump around 12-13 weeks but didn't even really start showing until close to 20 weeks.  Hang in there.  It will come!  I'll be interested to see how much sooner it is for #2 though...
  • Options

Ahhhh...you've hit upon the great bloat vs. baby bump debate.  To me, bloat or bump, doesn't matter...you're showing!  You wouldn't have bloat if you weren't pregnant, right?  So you're showing.  As far as baby, your uterus won't pop above your pelvic girdle for a few weeks yet.

This is my second but I'm still all bloat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG! Not to get completely off topic, but your dog is giant!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, but i already know how twin genetics works (studied it in school and worked in maternity for awhile). I know my chances aren't extraordinarily increased by my husband's having twins in his family (being its maternal) but the possibility is still there regardless. As previously mentioned, I don't know what's going on in my belly because i've had no U/S, but we'll see later. Thanks for replying. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"