1st Trimester
Options

1st Ultrasound!!!

I'm so excited!  We had our first ultrasound today and everything went great! They said everything looked normal, baby's got some arm and leg buds we got to see and hearing that little heart beat was just amazing.

Since everything looked so good, we're thinking of telling everyone about 2 weeks sooner than planned- my family lives far away and my sister is deploying soon so we have a planned get together next weekend and it just seems like the right time since everyone will be together. Have any of you changed your minds on telling people because you had the chance to do it in person instead of over the phone, even if it seemed a little early?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st Ultrasound!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!!! So happy for you!
    ~Nicole~
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I was 7 weeks, even before my first u/s, we told my Mom, stepfather, grandmother and aunt because I live in Ontario and they live in Alberta.  We went to visit because my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and I thought it was only fair to tell them then because we wouldn't get to tell them to their faces after the u/s.  I was super nervous about it because I had a blighted ovum last June and I was worried about getting their hopes up.   But now, I am SOOOOOO glad I did because that was the last time I ever got to talk to my grandma.  I got a call last wednesday that she wasn't doing well and by the time I got there the next day she was in a coma and she passed away that night.  If I had held off until later, I wouldn't have gotten that time with her to celebrate her first grandchild being pregnant.  Life can be very unexpected and I would most definitely tell your family. Enjoy the moment because it is fantastic to see their faces.  My gramma lit up like a christmas tree.  I will forever be one of my fondest memories with her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks very much.  I just lost my grandmother in april, right before my last cycle before I got my BFP.  I wish I would have said something about my previous pregnancy now, even though it ended up in m.c.  Thanks for the perspective!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"