December 2011 Moms

dreams about ex...please make them stop!!!

I can't take this anymore!!!  I've had FIVE dreams in the past week or so that have included my ex.  We were engaged right after HS and stayed together for 2 years, but it was too hard since he was in the military so we broke it off.  In the meantime, I met my current DH while in college and we never really talked after that.  He sent me a FB message about 2 weeks ago wanting to catch up, but I have yet to reply.  It's been almost 8 years since I've seen or talked to him and I don't want to reply because I just don't think it's a good idea.

So these dreams are just because of this message right??  and my hormones?? RIGHT????

Re: dreams about ex...please make them stop!!!

• I've heard it's fairly common to have dreams about old flames during pregnancy, and I have had them myself. No action was needed to make them begin so I wouldn't put direct blame on the message!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had dreams of two of my exes in the last month really strange I think its the hormones!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had a few of these too.  I felt bad at first but realized there's not much I can do about it so I just roll with them.  The last one made me feel pretty good, he was the one crying when I walked away.  (Oh the things I was I knew 7 years ago...)
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • All my dreams since pregnant have been soooooo bizarre and this past month they are usually about an ex. Totally random and all guys I am SO years been over! Mst are ones i broke up with...so weird!!

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• It is your hormones I have had some odd dreams.  I haven't had any dreams about my ex, but I have had some really odd dreams about guys I went to high school with whom I barely talked, haven't seen in years, and have never had any feelings for.  I find it weird that my mind goes to those random guys. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok I'm starting to feel a little better now...
  • imageiluvmylab:
    Ok I'm starting to feel a little better now...

Good, now I can say that in my dreams the sex was just as good as I remember it to be. 

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • imageMass-girl-at-heart:

imageiluvmylab:

Good, now I can say that in my dreams the sex was just as good as I remember it to be. 

Oh Jesus Christ.....

I would NEVER cheat on my DH, but this is the only guy is has ever been threatened by since we have such a history.  NO SEX DREAMS please!!!!

• imageiluvmylab:
    imageMass-girl-at-heart:

imageiluvmylab:

Oh Jesus Christ.....

I would NEVER cheat on my DH, but this is the only guy is has ever been threatened by since we have such a history.  NO SEX DREAMS please!!!!

Yup, I'm a dream hussy.  I don't know why, I haven't thought of him like that in forever.  Denying it wont make it go away so I'm just owning it (and hoping they don't happen often).  The good thing is that the dreams seem to take place in the past so I'm not technically cheating in my dreams either. 

Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Only one ex has been in my dreams.. Just randomly there. Not really sure why.
  • I've had dreams about *three* of my exes... and some of these dreams are not PG-13. I try not to feel too bad about it, since 1) I can't help it! 2) we're all married with families/in relationships, so it's completely ridiculous, 3) they're more like 'memory dreams' than current events (and as another poster says, that makes it not dream-cheating, right? lol)
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• I've been with DH for 5 years now, but I still dream with 2 of my ex boyfriends. One of them married a Brazilian famous singer so he is always on pictures on the gossip web sites. So everytime I see a picture of him during the day, it's certain that I will dream with him at night! The other ex I think it's because it was an unresolved situation. We broke up because I decided to attend college in the US and moved away from Brazil. I am sure we would end up married if I had stayed there. As far as pregnancy hormones, I have always dreamed with these 2 guys, so nothing strange to me.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm sure it's definitely because of the message. If I hear a song or see something that reminds me of an ex I usually dream about them. You just have to realize it's YOUR dream and no one else knows about it so there's no need to feel guilty. It happens to me a ton.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take medicine for anxiety which already gives me crazy dreams to begin with. Add that to pregnancy hormones and my ability to sleep in until noon (teacher on summer break) and my dreams have been insane. Yesterday morning I woke up to one of those sex dreams (not sure who I was with but let's just say I was feeling very good when I woke up). Then a few hours later I woke up sobbing from a frustrating work dream. 
    Edited because I am an English teacher and that's what we do.
    Pregnancy Ticker 

BFP: 7/20/14  MMC: 8/29/14  D&C: 8/31
    BFP: 12/27/14 MMC: 1/26/15 D&C: 1/29
    Anniversary

• Wait, really? This is pregnancy related? Since about the time I became pregnant I have had SO many dreams about one past flame ... honestly I've had at least 10 dreams. At least! It's so bizarre.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"