Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby shrieking in pain after eating?

My LO has always seemed to have gas troubles, but in the last week, she's also started to shriek out right after finishing eating. She's a good eater- BF on each breast for about 20 minutes a side (sometimes I wonder if she's eating too much).  I burp her several times during feeding but I can still hear bubbles moving around in her stomach and obviously something is causing her to cry out- this can last for up to an hour after eating.  She does spit up sometimes but I wouldn't say an excessive amount.  I'm wondering if it might be silent reflux?  I can often hear liquid coming up but then she swallows again, and then cries.  I'll bring it up with her pedi next week at her appt but I wondering if it's something I should call about sooner.
DSC_1342
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Baby shrieking in pain after eating?

• Options
    It sounds like reflux. I would call the pedi now, personally.
  • Options

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is exactly what happened to my DD, she was dx w silent reflux and put on previcid due to poor weight gain from the reflux. I agree w pp and think you should call your dr before your next appt, you dont want it to get to a point where she has a feeding aversion because it hurts too much. If you are prescribed previcid, make sure to give it to her 30 min before she eats, our rx just said before meal but everything we read on internet said 30 min and it worked much better after that. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageScout05:
    It sounds like reflux. I would call the pedi now, personally.
    This.It sounds a lot like what my lo is dealing with. The Zantac has been wonderful!! It's made her so much more comfortable. She used to fuss without stop for a few hours each day, mostly after feedings or during feedings.

Never hurts to call! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This sounds exactly like what was happening to us, it was very difficult.  Our girl was not spitting up a lot, but trying to swallow it, coughing when feeding.  Our pedi told us to try the zantac and it has really made a difference and it has only been a week.  She seems to feel a lot better and gained a pound in one week since we started it, since she actually wants to eat and is not screaming after, altogether better for both of us.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My baby has reflux and he does this
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"