Infertility
Options

Intro/BFN

Hi ladies,

I've been lurking for awhile and selfishly, I am thankful there is a network of other women struggling with infertility, too.

I've decided to introduce myself since I think I'll need the extra support after today.

Today, I got a BFN after IUI #1. Before our injections/IUI, I was on Chlomid for three cycles with no luck. DH's numbers are great. So far, I've got unexplained infertility and we are just praying for a miracle.

We are paying for everything OOP, so it makes these decisions hard. 

I think we'll go for round # 2 after AF arrives.

Thanks in advance for the support - and lots of prayers going out to you all as well. 

Re: Intro/BFN

• Options
    Hi and welcome! This board is definitely top notch for support. These ladies will be your cheerleaders. I'm sorry about your BFN. My first IUI/injectibles cycle was a BFN too and it's hard to take, especially when you're oop (I am too.) I just started my second IUI/injectibles cycle this week and am praying for a miracle. I hate that the odds are so low and I think that I just downright refuse to be hopeful because having hope makes it so much harder to take the bad news at the end. OOP adds a whole other dimension of difficulty to the IF struggle - as if we need that!
    Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Options
    Welcome, sorry aout your BFN!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry about your BFN. There's lot of support here, and ladies in similar situations, unexplained, OOP, but I hope your stay is a short one.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    Welcome and so sorry about your BFN!  A lot of us have done IUIs and are OOP (which just plain stinks), so hopefully we can be there for you and make the whole journey just a little easier.
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the group!  I'm sorry to hear about your BFN.  This is a great group of women so I'm sure you will find some comfort here.
    Lucky IUI #3 Clomid + Menopur + IUI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (9.15.11) ~ 437!!! Beta #2 (9.19.11) ~ 1,854!!! EDD 05.24.2012 TWINS!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Both a BFN and OOP, my heart goes out to you, goodness knows many of us here know those days all too well.  Keep your head up

• Options
    Hi, welcome to the board.  I am so sorry for the BFN.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Welcome.  Sorry you have to be here, but it is wonderful to have others who know what we are going through.
    Ellen & Chris 5/6/06
    -------------------------
    TTC Since 10/2007 with no luck and a 'go with the flow' attitude
    1/1010 FINALLY decided to have testing done, dx MFI
    7/2010 - DH starts Clomid to increase testosterone and hopefully sperm count
    10/2010 - Still low (but improved) sperm count.
    11/30/10 - IUI #1 and only = BFN
    February 2011 - IVF #1 w/ ICSI =
    Chemical PG (Beta 1: 10, Beta 2: 19, Beta 3: 17) :-(
    April 2011 - IVF #2 w/ ICSI = BFN :-(
    September 2011 - IVF #3 w/ ICSI = BFFN
    November 2011 - AMH level tested - .83 (normal for age range)
    February 2012 - IVF #4 w/ ICSI = (best response ever yet still) BFFN
    April 2012 - DNA testing - NORMAL, RE suggests cycling again with own eggs or using DE
    On Break indefinitely...not sure we can afford the emotional and financial roller coaster anymore.
    *PAIFW/SAIFW*
  • Options
    Welcome to the board, and sorry that you have to be here in the first place.  I'm also sorry about your BFN.  IF is a rough road, but the support of the ladies here makes it a little more bearable.
    Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
  • Options
    Welcome.  I just wanted to say I am new to this IF thing and it seems like, barring some amazing miracle sperm-repairing surgery from the urologist DH hasn't seen yet, IUI is what we will be pursuing as well.  We will also be OOP.  IVF is not an option for us, at least not until years from now, because we simply cannot afford it.  it sure is hard and i just thought you should know we are here for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You gals are great. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

It stinks that we're all in similar boats, but I'm glad we can go through this together.

Have any of you thought about adopting?

We're going on three years that we've been TTC, and with so much OOP, adoption is def. something we're considering. (But that process isn't easy, either!).

Hope yall have a good weekend. 

• Options
    Welcome! I am rather new to the IF game too.  We are unexplained IF and OOP as well:( We just had our first IUI and are now in the 2 week wait.  After being diagnosed were weren't sure how to proceed due to the OOP aspect but were able to participate in a study for unexplained IF at a local hospital.  Hope your stay is short!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"