3rd Trimester

28 week weight gain

Sooooo at my 28 week check up, the Dr informed me that I had gained a total of...dun dun dunnnn....30 pounds!  Putting me on track to gain a total of 45 by the time Miss Audrey is born.  I'm only 5'2" tall.  I just don't understand it.  I eat healthy, I stay pretty active, and I've gained NOTHING anywhere else except in my belly and boobs!  I'm all baby, you can't even tell that I'm pregnant from the back.  When they measure the baby, my fundal height is perfect.  Right on at 28 cm.  I just don't understand why the scale is being so rude to me.  It's definitely not making me feel my best as I'm starting my 3rd trimester Sad

Re: 28 week weight gain

• Every body is different, this is just how yours is! I thought I was doing really well when I hadn't gained anything at 14 weeks, but my weight gain went crazy in 2nd tri, and now I'm over 30 lbs at 34 weeks. Meh. As long as baby is healthy.
  • It's just what your body is deciding to do while pregnant. I gained 42 lbs with DS #1 and 47 lbs with DS #2. For some odd reason, with DS #3, I am gaining less but I eat the same as I did with the others.

Good News: With DS #1, I lost 25 lbs in the first week after he was born!!!! Now that was exciting :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone gains differently. Keep eating healthy, and just let your body do what it needs to do
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it makes you feel any better Kate Hudson gained 65 pounds with her first pregnancy :)

and I've gained 40...so it'll be okay, everyone gains different. As long as the doc is not concerned and baby is healthy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PPs, and don't stress out about what you may gain the rest of the time, it may slow down a lot but if not thats ok too.  I gained a lot of my weight in the beginning of my 2nd trimester and then went about 10 weeks with out gaining anything and now I am back to gaining.  With my DS I did not gain nearly a pound a week like they say you will in my 3rd trimester, I think it was more like 7 pounds the whole 12-13 weeks.  And I'm 5'3" so right there with yah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in a similar situation. I'm 5'2" and I've gained approximately 28 lbs at 28 weeks. The baby is measuring 27cm. I feel like that's a lot to gain, as I have a smaller frame, but my doctor has praised me each time for "keeping my weight under control." You will probably lose the weight quickly after the birth, especially if you're planning on breast feeding. I know it's hard as a woman, but I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you and baby are healthy :)
  • That should be fine, though! I'm exactly where you are (5'2", 30 lbs gained so far). Like pp said, you gain as much as you're supposed to gain!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"