December 2010 Moms
Options

We got mistaken for a girl :(

Elliot and I were toy shopping at Walmart.  I wanted to get him a jack in the box and was trying to decide between two.  I was holding it up for him to watch and some lady walked by and said, "I think she likes it."  He was wearing an orange, red, and white romper with frogs on it and a frog bib.  I have been told that he is pretty for a boy- he has long eyelashes.  I guess I am going to have to dress him in blue with cars or sports. 

Actually, this isn't really a big deal to me.  It just kind of surprised me.  He is such a boy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We got mistaken for a girl :(

• Options

Honor gets called a boy all.the.time.  It doesn't matter what she's wearing.  That's why, on the weekends, she's in a bow or flower headband if we leave the house. 

But I've come to the conclusion that most people go with "boy" or "girl" all the time and don't really take in the clothing, situation, etc. 

Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    did yo correct the lady?  was she embarrassed?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JRP00JRP00 member
    Brooklyn gets called a boy at least ones a week. Even when she is wearing a brown dress with BIG pink flowers. She even was wearing a headband.Every time it bothers me but being pregnant and having a baby you really realize what idiots are out there that will say anything.
  • Options

imagexxbabycakesxx:
    did yo correct the lady?  was she embarrassed?

She walked away before I really had a chance.

• Options
    I have always even before having lo been careful to look at what the baby is wearing etc before commenting he or she.  However, Evie can be wear a total girl outfit, pink paci, whatever and I've had several people say he or boy!  Some people are just silly! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tony is constantly mistaken for a girl. It's definitely the hair!
  • Options
    I honestly think that people do NOT think before speaking, ha.  We got that LO was a girl the other day.  He also has pretty eyelashes.  I don't get offended.  It must mean our LOs are pretty, haha.  Nothing wrong with that!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has been mistaken for a girl before. He wears a lot of neutral clothes and a couple of his outfits (which he has since outgrown) were more on the girly side. He also has ridiculously long lashes. And the first word that comes to my mind when I look at him is "beautiful," not "handsome." So yeah, he looks like a girl sometimes. But it doesn't bother me. And most of his clothes are pretty masculine, as almost all of his clothes are gifts anyhow. I feel bad for his younger sister, if he ever has one, because she will get all of his hand-me-downs and people will think she's a boy. But I really think the clothes are neutral, so be it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also have a "beautiful" boy.  But I think I also figured out how people make the call: Hair? Girl.  Bald? Boy. Even though it makes NO SENSE, I think that's what people do!
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    D gets mistaken for a boy a lot. I understand if she's wearing a blue dress in her green car seat but I may be unintentionally giving WTF looks if she's wearing head to toe pink.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Je*lastname*. Started a new account because I couldn't get my SN changed to something less personal.
  • Options

H has been mistaken for a boy more than once and I don't think she looks particularly boy-ish. And each time she's either been in pink or had a pink blanket with her. (Once, it was even the pediatrician who referred to her as "him" Huh?. Dude, you have the chart RIGHT. THERE.)

I want to believe it's that people are so incredibly open minded and non-conformist that it's totes not a big deal for a boy baby to wear pink, but my realistic side knows they just don't think before speaking.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We get "he is so cute" from time to time I just smile and say thanks. Sometimes it happens even when she is wearing an outfit that is in my opinion very feminine. It is mostly older people though who just want to be freindly so I don't like to make them feel bad by correcting them.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    imagezerf77:

H has been mistaken for a boy more than once and I don't think she looks particularly boy-ish. And each time she's either been in pink or had a pink blanket with her. (Once, it was even the pediatrician who referred to her as "him" Huh?. Dude, you have the chart RIGHT. THERE.)

I want to believe it's that people are so incredibly open minded and non-conformist that it's totes not a big deal for a boy baby to wear pink, but my realistic side knows they just don't think before speaking.

Our pedi always says, "Hey Guy".  Maybe it is just his little pet name for baby boys, but I think he just does it to be safe that he doesn't call a kiddo by the wrong name.  I always think, don't you look at the chart before you come in?  Come on!

• Options

We have the same issue. A has big blue eyes with long lashes.

I can have him in all blue and brown and everyone will still ask if he is a girl :(

• Options
    imageMommaEA:
    imagezerf77:

Our pedi always says, "Hey Guy".  Maybe it is just his little pet name for baby boys, but I think he just does it to be safe that he doesn't call a kiddo by the wrong name.  I always think, don't you look at the chart before you come in?  Come on!

That would annoy me.  Our pedi always calls Honor by her name.

Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Men and most older women almost always call Evie a boy, younger women usually get it right.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"