Infertility Veterans

XP: ? for anyone who has done antagonist protocol

I hope it's okay that I post this here.  I miss you ladies on the IF board.  It hasn't been the same without you. 

Here is my question:  At what point did they add your ganirelix (or other antagonist med)?  How large were your follies? 

The reason I am asking is that today I had my monitoring appt (day 7 of stims) and I only have one follie measuring over 11 - it's 14mm.  The rest are still under 11 - a couple are 10's and there are a couple 8's or 9's.  I know they don't want one to get far ahead of the others though, but they also want the others to continue to grow. 

They will be calling sometime in the next hour or two with my E2 level and instructions, but I was just curious as to anyone's experience.  TIA!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: ? for anyone who has done antagonist protocol

• I was 7 days into stims when my RE added the Ganirelix.  I triggered the following day.  I don't know what my follie sizes were because my doctor pretty much mumbles the information to the nurse, and then I leave the room. 
  • imagejlcrane78:
    I was 7 days into stims when my RE added the Ganirelix.  I triggered the following day.  I don't know what my follie sizes were because my doctor pretty much mumbles the information to the nurse, and then I leave the room. 

Wow!!  You stimmed fast!  I am much slower going apparently.  Thanks!!

• Loading the player...
  • I think I stimmed for 11 or 12 days, and had 3 or 4 days of Ganirelix. Don't be surprised if it gives you a hive when you start using it. A burning/itching reaction is very common.  Good luck!
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• imagecutebride73:

Wow!!  You stimmed fast!  I am much slower going apparently.  Thanks!!

This could be due to my DOR.  I only had 8 eggs retrieved.

• I can't remember how many days I had stimmed for before adding it in, but with this last IVF the follies were about 13mm when they added the Ganirelex, I was on it for three days before I triggered. Good Luck!
  • I started ganirelix on day 8 of stims, and used it for 5 nights.  My follies were pretty small still when I started (10 and under I believe), but I stimmed slow and steady (12 days).  I didn't have any s/e from ganirelix.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• I was on Menopur and Follistim and began Ganerellex on day 10 of stimming I think my largest follicule was about a 12 or more. I too had almost like a bee sting redness in the spot where the ganerlellex shot was. Best of luck. 

p.s- I have never responded well for either IVF, IVF #1 we got 6 eggs and UVF #2 only 4

ME- 35    DH- 40
    TTC #1 
    IVF#1 w ICSI- 4/20/11 ER, 6 Eggs, 4 Fertilized, 4/25/11 5 day ET, 2 blasts- 5/4- Beta= BFN- No Frosties 

IVF #2 w ICSI-6/21/11 ER, 4 Eggs, 2 Fertilized, 6/24/11 3 day ET 2 embryos- Beta 7/5/11- BFN- No frosties.
    NEW RE
    IUI #1- started 50ius of follistim 1/25, IUI 2/3/12 - BFN
    AMH-0.73- DOR 2/2012

IUI #2- 3/17/12 started 200ius of Follistim , 3/24/12 added ganirelix, 225ius Follistim and 75ius of repronex, IUI- 3/30/12, Beta April 13, 2012-BFN

Appointment with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM July 18, 2012
    WAITING ON A MIRACLE AT THIS POINT
    AMH tested again 1/2013- 1.4!!!!
    IUI #3- 1/14/13 started 200ius of Follistim, 1/20/13 added menopur and ganirelix, IUI 1/25/13. Positive HPT 2/6/13- Beta #1- 193- BFP!!! 2/8/13-Beta#2-426.6
    2/26 ultrasound #1- TWINS!
    Delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy on 10/17/13 10ls. 2 ounces

TTC #2 
    AMH .75 VERY POOR RESPONDER
    IUI #4 cancelled due to only one egg responding 
    IUI#5 cancelled on CD 10,  (3) follicules were still very small even on 300 IU's of Follistim. Also found fluid in my uterus from C-section scar
    BFP- 8/9/15 
    Beta #1 8/10/15 13DPO-   9.2 (fingers crossed this sticks)
    Beta #2 8/12/15 15DPO   39- progesterone 18 
    Beta #3 8/14/15    111- progesterone 17.5
    Ultrasound August 31- 

PAIF or SAIF Welcome

• I started on day 4 with both cycles but I think I was overstimmed on both cycles. 
    DS born 10/2008 TTC #2 since 8/2009 MFI and natural killer cell activation diagnosis IVF #4 = BFP!! Due 10/12!!
  • Thanks for all your replies ladies.  I did start ganirelix today, but the nurse who called said that my RE isn't thinking things look too promising.  Since I only have 1 follie over 11 on day 7 of stims (last cycle I had 4 over 11 on day 6 of stims). 

She said I had the choice to stim for another 2 days and go back on Saturday to see if things improve or I could cancel today.  We decided to go until Saturday, so we'll see. 

I just wish that I had a definitive answer.  I don't want to make the wrong decision as this is it for us, no other IVF (unless it's canceled and we start over).   

• I started out very slow on the EPP/Antagonist protocol. This is my second attempt at IVF. My first long lupron, yielded 2 follicles and I converted to an IUI (unsuccessful). I only had a few small follicles at days 3-7 but then at day 9 I had 9 follicles ranging from 12-16. I had my ER yesterday and they retrieved 14 eggs. I just found out 9 fertilized. It is definitely a slow and frustrating process. Hang in there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"