June 2011 Moms

Anyone with a really sleepy baby at 1 week old?

My DD is a week old and she still has to be awaken a lot during the day to eat. I got a crack in one of my nipples so I have been pumping to give it time to heal.  Trying my best to stay ahead of feedings.  I just wondered what other moms exeriences were. Don't remember my DS being quite this sleepy for a good part of the day.  Saw the pedi. today and she is gaining back the weight she lost.  She was very jaundiced at first, but this is getting better very quickly.  I know newborns sleep up to 20 hours a day, but just wondering what other moms experiences have been?  Thanks for any input!!

Re: Anyone with a really sleepy baby at 1 week old?

• Same thing- DD has been asleep pretty much all day--- waiting to see what tonight brings, does yours sleep well at night as well?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • YES!! And I was getting a little worried until last night. She woke herself for her feeding and has been all day! I'm sure your baby will come out of the sleepy stage as well. It seems like my waking her seemed to help, but I could be completely wrong. ha ha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Erica & Justin
    Parents of Ethan-4 Spencer-1 Peyton-3months
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hsalhsal member
    our first night home from the hospital LO slept for 6 hours straight (I wont wake a baby to feed, I'd much rather her sleep and feed when she wakes up-- my own choice), at 9 days she slept from 10 pm until 7 am uninterrupted. At her pedi appointment, she was gaining weight and the dr saw no issues with her sleeping rather than being woken up. Last night she woke every 2 hours on the dot.  Enjoy the sleep while you can!
  • My little one seems to wake twice at night. Just curious as to how many other moms were noticing the same thing. I feel much better after hearing from you ladies. I didn't mean to post it twice, but the first post took several minutes before it showed up. Tonight she woke for like an 830 feeding and stayed awake awhile so I could play with her.  My son was 2 months before he started sleeping all night.  We are really liking the Rock n Play for bedtime;  I can keep her right beside my bed.  Thanks again ladies!!

• I don't recall my DS being that way either but DD sure has been. She's almost 2 wks and is awake for slightly longer periods. She's gained back her birth weight and then some and is also bf. I still have to rouse her every 2 hrs during the day, I go a bit longer at night though.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • out of all my babies, this lo is the sleepiest by far!

my other kids would wake up every 2-3hrs to eat like clockwork, during the day or at night

from the first night in the hospital, all the way up to now, she sleeps thru the whole night. waking up only once, and even then she doesn't always eat. she'll usually wake up that one time, poop and i'll attempt to feed her but she just goes right back to sleep

so i just let her (and myself) sleep

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • James was this way until 2+ weeks...VERY sleepy, just as you describe.

She WILL "wake up" one day soon!! :)

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"