Northern California Babies
Options

Vent about DCP

I just got DS undressed to give him a bath and he has what looks like a bite on his chest just above a nipple.

I called her and left a voicemail, I am puzzled why she did not mention a kid biting mine when I picked him up. 

On top of this, he has a bad rash, he was sitting in a poopy diaper when I picked him up.

Just livid over here waiting for her to call back. 

Re: Vent about DCP

• Options

I wonder if she didn't know he was bitten?  My oldest is a biter and while it's rare now there are times that a bite happens and with all the other yelling and squabbles that go on throughout the day sometimes one gets passed me (not a bad one of course but it happens).

Sitting in the poop diaper would really piss me off.  When Andrew was really little I also watched a former co-workers little boy and I always made sure I double checked his diaper when it got close to pick up so that if they had errands to run or something after work that they didn't have to worry about it at all.

I hope you're able to reach a good resolution and I hope his rashes gets better quickly.

• Options

Poor kiddo.  :( 

I was thinking the same thing about the bite- that possibly the provider didn't know it happened.  But then again- is your son pretty verbal about things?  I hope it isn't too bad.

The diaper rash is VERY frustrating too!  I feel like they don't catch it very fast at my kids' day care as well.Alana rarely has had diaper rashes, but she seems to have them a bit more often now that she is in day care twice/ week.  Triple Paste clears it up for her in about a day.

I hope you get a call back soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I asked DS about the bite and he said Johnny did it.  Johnny is younger and at the right height at where it happened.  It may be that she did not know, I am hoping that is the case.

I was a biter growing up too, so I know it happens. 

• Options
    hey steph...Sorry about your DCP, no advice sounds like you're doing everything right...but figured you'd check this post....I totally had a dream last night that you had the baby. ;) I woke up this morning totally thinking...S & D had the baby, but I can't remember his name, lol. Maybe he'll be your little firecracker and come on Monday?!?!?!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Steph, sorry about the problems you are having with your DCP. I would be pissed about the diaper issue. Have you looked at the DCP where Emme goes? They are awesome and have space.
  • Options
    Ugh. It's always frustrating working with daycare. No matter how good they are they're not perfect (they're not you!) and there are always problems! I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Update: I talked to my DCP, she had no idea DS was bitten.  She has not had any problems with kids biting, but said she would talk to the parents about it.

I'm hoping to find another place to take the boys after maternity leave is up - I'd like to have them together, which is tricky at some places.

• Options
    That sucks! :(
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"