Infertility

I need all the help I can get tomorrow!

BABY SHOWER...No

So, a few ladies in my office planned a baby shower for a lady who is on her 2nd pregnancy.  There will be pink everywhere, a HUGE cake, party favors etc!  AND since I work in HR I have to attend...political crap.  I'm trying really hard to be happy about it but it is so hard!

I went shopping for a gift last night and actually did fine with that until a lady in line started gushing over baby showers...of course, she had 2 children under 3 with her.  Ick!  I don't know how I will handle the actual shower and having to look at her baby bump for an hour! Crying

The last time I went to a baby shower I cried the rest of the day in bed...yikes. 

I can do this!  Right?

Lucky IUI #3 Clomid + Menopur + IUI = BFP!!!
Beta #1 (9.15.11) ~ 437!!! Beta #2 (9.19.11) ~ 1,854!!! EDD 05.24.2012 TWINS!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I need all the help I can get tomorrow!

• I know it's no fun --- I've been to and had to throw a few this year.  What got me through was just telling myself that one day it would be me.  Silly, I guess, but it helped.  GL.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • imagesrkm:

BABY SHOWER...No

So, a few ladies in my office planned a baby shower for a lady who is on her 2nd pregnancy.  There will be pink everywhere, a HUGE cake, party favors etc!  AND since I work in HR I have to attend...political crap.  I'm trying really hard to be happy about it but it is so hard!

I went shopping for a gift last night and actually did fine with that until a lady in line started gushing over baby showers...of course, she had 2 children under 3 with her.  Ick!  I don't know how I will handle the actual shower and having to look at her baby bump for an hour! Crying

The last time I went to a baby shower I cried the rest of the day in bed...yikes. 

I can do this!  Right?

Yes you can!!  Easier said than done I know but you've got us here for moral support and to vent to if you need it.  ::hugs::

TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Loading the player...
  • You can definitely do this!!  The last shower at work I attended, I got up half way through and went back to my office for half an hour pretending to do something and then showed up at the end for cake.  It worked.  Good Luck!!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• You can definitely do it, because you can come back and vent away to us. I'm sorry, showers are no fun :(
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • You CAN do it! But you shouldn't have to...  Good luck and if you need, we can  call your office with a..  personal emergency.. or something! Devil

Good luck!!!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageDelta04:
    imagesrkm:

I can do this!  Right?

Yes you can!!  Easier said than done I know but you've got us here for moral support and to vent to if you need it.  ::hugs::

Ditto!  You CAN do it!!!

TTC #1 Since 11/08 - Dx: MFI & PCOS
    7 IUIs = All BFNs
    2011: March IVF #1.2 = e/p @ 6w: May IVF #2 = BFN: July sFET #1 = BFN

2012: Jan We're Certified FC/A Parents
    May IVF #3 = c/p
    June-Nov Foster Mommy to M (Toddler)
    July FET #2 = BFN
    Aug FET #3 = BFN
    Sept-Nov Foster Mommy to Baby Bella (Newborn)
    Nov HSG/Sono = Clear!
    Dec FET #4 = BFN

2013: Feb FET #5 = m/c @ 6.5w
    May-July Foster Mom to H (8 yr old girl)
    June/July/Aug IVF #4 = Freeze All
    July = Unofficially Adopting T (10 yr old boy)
    Sept FET #6 = TBD
    **PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
  • I'm sorry! I hate baby showers! I hope it's quick and painless! You can totally do it, good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've def. done this!

Hope it goes by quickly...and that it's your turn next :) 

• Good luck today. You will be the strongest woman there because you will be holding your head up high and knowing that you will appreciate your child when it comes more than anyone who just got KU. Hope it goes okay sweetie!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Good luck today. You can do it:).

BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 2/2010
    DX - Unexplained
    Clomid + IUI 1-3 = BFN
    IVF #1: Stims Started 7/08/11 (Gonal F)
    ER 7/18/11 - 9 retrieved
    Fert Report: 9 mature and all 9 fertilized
    ET 7/21/11 - 2 embies transferred
    Beta 1 (8/03) = 471 Beta 2 (8/5) 1416
  • Toni79Toni79 member

"YOU CAN DO IT"

- Rob Snyder (in every Adam Sandler movie).

LOL!  Sorry, I couldn't resist!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• You ladies are so awesome!!!  Thanks for the support and laughs :)  Here I go!
    Lucky IUI #3 Clomid + Menopur + IUI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (9.15.11) ~ 437!!! Beta #2 (9.19.11) ~ 1,854!!! EDD 05.24.2012 TWINS!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"