Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

My son lost my wedding rings...Freaking out!!

My son is 21 months and me and his daddy just got married a month ago. I lost my rings about 3 days ago, and at first I assumed I just couldn't remember where I put them. However, yesterday after killing a spider my husband happened to notice my engagement ring in the living room vent. We began pondering and remembered that I placed my rings on the coffee table to lotion my son after a bath. Apparently, I forgot to put them back on and didn't notice when he started playing with them. We have looked all day for my wedding band...turned his bedroom and toy bins upside-down, dug further in to the vent, sifted through the trash! from the past few days, the couches, every drawn in the house...

Any thoughts or ideas Please

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My son lost my wedding rings...Freaking out!!

• Options

I'm gonna guess it is down the vent like the other one!

Do you have a rider on your homeowner's insurance?

• Options
    Did you check all the other vents? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugggh, so sorry. My best advice would be to intently go from room to room. Start in the living room say and get on your hands and knees. Rummage all the carpet with your fingers, look under everything. Is there a way it could have ended up in another vent?  Also, can the vent be dismantled at all to see if it is down farther in the "piping"?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    Do you have a bagless vacuum? If so I would vacuum everything, every room, every crack, every vent as far as you can and then sift through the canister.
  • Options
    I would also keep a close eye on his diapers, a ring can be swallowed easily!
  • Options

imageLaurenSweat:
    I would also keep a close eye on his diapers, a ring can be swallowed easily!

LOL, I was thinking this too! Might be an easier for you if this was the case vs trying to get it out of a faucet or vent.. But not so easy on LO!! Tongue Tied

GL!

• Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

My first thought was he might have swallowed it.

I'd check the other vents, deeper down in the vent you found the other ring in....

Inside toys, inside books, if you have a pet, their food bowl....

Good luck!

• Options
    imageMrsSR:

My first thought was he might have swallowed it.

I'd check the other vents, deeper down in the vent you found the other ring in....

Inside toys, inside books, if you have a pet, their food bowl....

Good luck!

I agree with all of this. What a nightmare! 

Good luck. 

• Options
    Check inside your shoes too, that is a favorite hiding place for my DS.  Good luck!
  • Options
    DH takes his rings off at night. One day DD was sleeping with us, and she woke up before us and found his ring. Lets just say we searched ALLLL day for it, like literally 8+hours (not consistent, but it was a saturday and we spent a big portion of the day looking) well, it was in the vent on our floor (we had to take the metal vent piece off) and it was ALMOST to the tubey part of the vent, it was right in front of it (if you know what I mean) The weird thing is, our vent slats (if thats what you call them) are too thin to fit the ring through so I have NO idea how she managed to do that! lol GOOD luck and I hope you find it. Just remember anything is possible with a toddler lol.
  • Options

He could have eaten it.  I'd be checking his diapers.  Seriously, stranger things have happened to toddlers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! DD was playing with my diamond earrings and threw one in our room. I tore it apart but could not find it and almost a week later she comes walking over to me and says "here go" and hands me the lost earring! Does LO know what you mean when you tell him to go get something? Try asking him to go get your ring and just follow him. I hope you find it.
  • Options

Have you asked him? Maybe he has a favorite hiding spot. My DS Puts things in our closet all the time! I lost my phone for days, it was dead, and then he comes out with it and hands it to me! So maybe he knows! GL Im sure it will pop up in the next day or so! 

Pouty face reid Pouty face reid
  • Options

All these responses are great!

I do have a bagless vacuum and we haven't tried that.

He knows very well what rings and watches are. I have asked him over and over since we figured out what happened; once I thought he was taking me to it, but he just thinks it's a game and finds me random objects.

We had to take the metal part of the vent off to get the ring we did find, so we reached far as we could in that one and even lowered a light and shot a video to try to find it. He dropped a bunch of my husbands change down a vent in our room a week ago which was the only other time we know of that he put something in a vent, so I took that vent apart and did the same with video and all. I haven't checked any other ones...

I hope he didn't swallow it, but if it comes out I will deffinately see it.

I did check all the shoes by the door. He likes to do that too Lol

All we have is the insurance with the jewelry store...dunno if they do anything for this situation Guess it's time to find out!

Thanks all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"