Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Teething hell...eye molar coming in

He is miserable. Crying, not eating, drooling like a fiend and just miserable. I am giving him ibuprofen every 6 hours but it doesn't seem to be making any difference this time. Is there anything else I can give him?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Teething hell...eye molar coming in

• I just went through the same thing this week.  It only started getting better today.  So after five days it starts getting better very slowly.  Orajel, advil, ice teethers, and straws.  I just keep a close eye on her with the straw though.  I give  her one off an old sports bottle not the kind in a soft drink.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS loves fruit popsicles and they seem to help more than the teething rings.   
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.Pumpkin:
    I just went through the same thing this week.  It only started getting better today.  So after five days it starts getting better very slowly.  Orajel, advil, ice teethers, and straws.  I just keep a close eye on her with the straw though.  I give  her one off an old sports bottle not the kind in a soft drink.

Five days! Oh I don't think I can make it that long. We are traveling so he still has a four hour car ride & a plane ride in the next 3 days.

• broomybroomy member
    Sev likes those pedialyte frozen pops (they're like Otter Pops) when he's teething. I'm not sure if you'll be able to keep anything frozen if you're traveling, though. :( I also try to find tougher food that he can chew on. Instead of rice mum-mums, I gave him some Japanese rice crackers (they're thicker and harder). This might be a horrible thing to suggest giving to a one-year-old, LOL, but what about licorice?? It's chewy and ribbed! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagebroomy:
    Sev likes those pedialyte frozen pops (they're like Otter Pops) when he's teething. I'm not sure if you'll be able to keep anything frozen if you're traveling, though. :( I also try to find tougher food that he can chew on. Instead of rice mum-mums, I gave him some Japanese rice crackers (they're thicker and harder). This might be a horrible thing to suggest giving to a one-year-old, LOL, but what about licorice?? It's chewy and ribbed! :)

Broomy - he has barely eaten today which is a first for Matthew. Anything we offer gets thrown on the floor. He is drooling like mad. I'll see if I can find some rice crackers for him tomorrow.

• Do you think he'd eat some purees? Maybe get some of those fruit/veggie pouches...

Sounds like you're in for a rough time. I'd definitely suggest some Orajel and see if he'll suck on an ice cube. Tegan's been teething a bit lately and is all about ice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAbinormal:

Do you think he'd eat some purees? Maybe get some of those fruit/veggie pouches...

Sounds like you're in for a rough time. I'd definitely suggest some Orajel and see if he'll suck on an ice cube. Tegan's been teething a bit lately and is all about ice.

once this one comes in we will just be missing the last four molars. He has a full set of teeth. It just seems like this one is the worst of the bunch. I'll try anything at this point. Traveling & teething do NOT go together.

Which one of Tegan's teeth are coming in?

• imageMCC1010:
    imageAbinormal:

Do you think he'd eat some purees? Maybe get some of those fruit/veggie pouches...

once this one comes in we will just be missing the last four molars. He has a full set of teeth. It just seems like this one is the worst of the bunch. I'll try anything at this point. Traveling & teething do NOT go together.

Which one of Tegan's teeth are coming in?

I can't tell, but she's showing all her normal signs of teething. She just finished getting all four 1 year molars, but she still needs her canines on the bottom and the top. It's weird because there is a lot of space between her eye teeth and her molars. She has little bitty teeth...

• Abinormal - It is funny you should mention the tiny teeth. We were just discussing how small Matthew's teeth are and how much space there is between them. We were wondering if that was normal or a sign that we need to start saving up for braces.
  • imageMCC1010:
    Abinormal - It is funny you should mention the tiny teeth. We were just discussing how small Matthew's teeth are and how much space there is between them. We were wondering if that was normal or a sign that we need to start saving up for braces.
    That's normal. You want extra room/space between baby teeth to allow their adult teeth to grow in without being crowded or crooked. 
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Ah! You're scaring me. My DS still only has 2 teeth so far. I'm so nervous he's always going to get a lot all at once and be a monster to deal with.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagenaybride04:
    imageMCC1010:
    Abinormal - It is funny you should mention the tiny teeth. We were just discussing how small Matthew's teeth are and how much space there is between them. We were wondering if that was normal or a sign that we need to start saving up for braces.
    That's normal. You want extra room/space between baby teeth to allow their adult teeth to grow in without being crowded or crooked. 
    That's good to know. I wasn's super concerned, since they're baby teeth, but still... there's always something to worry about, lol! I was just noticing today how much smaller Tegan's teeth seem to be, then some of the other kids I know. Also, she has a chipped top central tooth. It actually became chipped before it ever cut through the gum.
  • aciaacia member
    DD has been teething her eye teeth for 2 MONTHS. It is hell. It is the slowest process EVER. One finally cut through last week but the other one is still visible just under her poor, swollen gum.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Advil works better tthan tylenol  for us. all this last week dc has been up every hour at night if we dont give him some pain killer. 

i heard the eye  teeth can be the worst and the longest. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageD_Nett86:
    Ah! You're scaring me. My DS still only has 2 teeth so far. I'm so nervous he's always going to get a lot all at once and be a monster to deal with.

This is what we deal with.  When DD1 gets teeth they come in 3+ at a time.  It is horrible!!!  She currently has 5 breaking thru......poor honey!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAbinormal:

DS will only eat pouch food when he's in teething pain... worth a shot. Hope this passes quickly for the both of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"