2nd Trimester

How much weight have you gained?

2»

Re: How much weight have you gained?

• I was up 10 pounds @ 16.5 weeks
    Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesweetpealee:
    Ugh, I've gained 20 pounds! I gained 15 by 6 weeks (and i wasn't just eating whatever I wanted, I was maintaining my weight on weight watchers for two years before that and went off of weight watchers)and since then, I have gained about 3- 5, depending on the day.  I'm hoping to keep my weight gain under 30 pounds... we will see.

Glad to see I'm not the only one! At my 16 week appointment I was 15 pounds up. (Blah!)  Since then I think I've gained 4-5 more pounds. I'm eating well and all, but maybe I need to take it up a notch on exercising. I feel so healthy though... Not sure why I'm gaining so much!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At 16 weeks I had gained 5, now at 21 weeks I have gained 8 lbs.
    I'm averaging less than 1lb gain per week. My doc said it was a little low but she wasn't worried since I am gaining. 

I was an average weight before I got PG (not skinny but not overweight).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm up 4 lbs as of yesterday. I am eating healthier the last couple days because at my 12 week appt i was at 0 lbs, so I gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks. Gotta keep it in check!
  • I am 24.5w, and I have gained 15lbs.  I am fairly tall, and I was pretty slender pre-pg.  I'm not too worried about the weight gain.  I hope to be back on my running and Zumba schedule shortly after LO is born!  *fingers crossed*
  • I'm 23w1d and I've gained 16.5 all together.  6.5 came in the last 4 weeks. Yikes!  Looks like I'll be increasing my veggies and water intake for the next few months.  ;)
    BFP#1 8/25/10 Natural Miscarriage 9/15/10 Miss you, little one BFP#2 2/14/11 Please be our sticky baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I am 23 weeks today and haven't gained ANY WEIGHT!! I eat ALL the time, just nothing sticks to me.. I am average weight and a small build. Midwife said it's normal to not have gained anything since i'm likely to start gaining some VERY SOON. I have had LOTZ of nausea and vomting this whole time so that cud b the cause as well.. I just see it as less baby fat to get rid of :) Good luck with your pregnancy
  • sassy1sassy1 member
    I'm at 27 weeks & have gained 16 lbs.  I think when I was at the same point as you, I'd gained about 10 lbs (but I was a constant eater in the 1st tri--it kept me from getting nauseous).
  • Thank you for all the responses. I don't why I thought 4 lbs was on the low side for 18 week but it sounds like I'm right on track. After reading all your post I guess now is when I'm going to start packing on the lbs. I'm just going to continue to eat healthy and see where I'm at at my next appt.
    1064-1 bouncebounce Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since June 2009 BFP April 2010 .. miscarriage May 2011 BFP March 25th 2011 Ryan Michael was born 11/30/11 6lbs 0.4 oz 18 inches long!!!
  • I understand your concern, but no. You should not have gained more by now. Your body gains what it needs to, when it needs to! Don't worry the weight gain will come!!

I am 19 weeks and have gained 5 pounds. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everyone's body is different and everyone will gain the right amount of weight appropriate for that mommy and baby..
  • +9 per my Dr's scale earlier this week.

I was +3 or 4 at 18w.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm expecting twins and so far, have actually lost a few pounds since getting pregnant. However, in the 3 months before getting pregnant, I actually gained about 10 lbs, so I think it kind of evened out. With single babies, you're supposed to gain 25-35lbs if you started at a normal weight. I think nausea and morning sickness put a damper on weight gain in the first trimester.
  • imagejanbrady:

These posts always bug me. Most of the posters have gained hardly anything and seem to be bragging, and then I feel like a pig.

I'm at about 10 pounds at 16 weeks. Considering I gained 60 overall with my daughter and was up almost 30 pounds at 20 weeks, I think I'm doing great. I lost all the baby weight from my 1st pregnancy plus about 15 pounds so I was nervous about getting pregnant again in terms of gaining weight, but I'm not restricting my food in take or anything. I am trying to avoid a ton of junk food and walking more, but that's about it. Taking care of a toddler burns a lot of calories I guess.

I hear you, these posts make me feel a lot worse than I ever have at my doctor's office... It sounds like you're doing great this time around, though!!!  I was also nervous about getting pregnant in terms of gaining weight too, so I really understand where you're coming from.

• I gained 8lbs so far. I am not suppose to gain too much this time around. No more than 15 to 20. So I am trying to be good this time. :)

~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • I have gained 12 pounds and I am 22 weeks.  My doctor said he recommends you gain 10 pounds in the first 10 weeks and then a pound a week after that for a total of 30 pounds.  So it looks like I am right on track Smile
  • I'm at 20 weeks and have gained 2 lbs, my dr says the baby is growing steadily so she isn't too worried about me gaining much yet. She also said not to get too use to it cuz in the next months ill likely gain steadily haha :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 165 lbs when I got my BFP. I lost 6 lbs due to a stomach virus/MS. at 23 weeks I weigh 170 lbs.
  • At almost 19 weeks I have gained 9 lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"