Trouble TTC
Options

Intro & a question

Hello.  I posted here once before, looking for an RE in Seattle.  I've found one that I like, and now we're running the gamut of testing.  I usually post on the GP board, but now that we're under the care of an RE, I feel like some of my questions are more appropriate for you ladies.

I had an HSG on Tuesday, and there were some suspicious-looking spots in my uterus.  The doctor performing the HSG (not my RE) said that my RE would probably have me do another test.  When I talked to my contact nurse today, she said I needed to have a hysteroscopy and that I had to do it either tomorrow (!) or wait until next cycle.  Needless to say, I took the appointment for tomorrow.

After I got off the phone with her, I realized that all I know about hysteroscopy is that it's a camera going in your ute, and that I should take some Advil beforehand.  If you've had this procedure, can you tell me what to expect?  How does it compare to the HSG discomfort-wise? 

TIA, and I hope you don't mind me asking other questions & posting over here! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro & a question

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about the test you mentioned, but just wanted to say welcome and good luck with everything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Just wanted to say that the ladies over here are very supportive and knowledgeable. You will see a few of us that posted on GP over here so you are not alone.

I hope someone will be able to answer your questions about the hysteroscopy.

***Nestie Bestie with Kelnyc***
    ~TTC since June 2009~
    ~March 2011: Diagnosed with Unexplained IF~
    ~50 mg Clomid Cycles in March, April, and May--BFN~
    ***Surprise BFP 07-18-2011***
    ~Beta 1: 585 07-19-11~ ~Beta 2: 2218 07-22-11~
    Our Little Blessing was born on March 31, 2012
    Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi jenny!

I don't have any personal experience with that test to answer your questions but I wanted to jump in and say hello to a fellow tttc GPer.  Sorry you have to wait until next cycle to get the test done.

• Options
    kelnyckelnyc member
    Hi Jenny! I'm here too.  Smile
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    Hi ELF & other GPers!  Jajsundevil - I don't have to wait until next cycle.  I get to do it tomorrow, which is why I'm kind of freaked out!  Then again, I'd rather be freaked out than have to wait another whole cycle.
  • Options

imagejennyann28:
    Hi ELF & other GPers!  Jajsundevil - I don't have to wait until next cycle.  I get to do it tomorrow, which is why I'm kind of freaked out!  Then again, I'd rather be freaked out than have to wait another whole cycle.

Welcome I hope your stay here is short and sweet! I'm glad your having the test tommorrow not next cycle! Let us know how it goes

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options
    I did the HSG and it really wasn't that bad!  It was pretty quick too!  I was probably only in there maybe 20 minutes.  The part that hurt the most was when they took out the little balloon thingy after they were done with the XRays, and I had some bad cramping for the next hour.  It hurt, but it was excruiciating pain.  It is tolerable.  I also did the laproscopy, and the worst part with that one is that they ahve to put you to sleep.  Good luck with your HSG, I hope everything comes back good!
  • Options

imagejennyann28:

Oh good I'm glad, though I'd be freaking out too.  I got a little confused when you said you took the appointment for next cycle.  Good luck tomorrow.

• Options
    Just wanted to say welcome and good luck tomorrow!
    TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagejajsundevil:

imagejennyann28:

Oh good I'm glad, though I'd be freaking out too.  I got a little confused when you said you took the appointment for next cycle.  Good luck tomorrow.

Ha, you're right, I totally typed the wrong thing.  It is definitely tomorrow, eek! 

• Options
    Welcome! Sorry that I don't have any experience with this, I wish I could offer you some advice.  Please let us know how it goes.  Good luck!
    TTC #1 since October 2010.
    Dx with Seminal allergy 4/2010.
    Low Progesterone (7/2011)
    Hypothalamic disorder/Luteal Phase Defect (7/2011)
    HSG normal (8/11)
    DH's S/A: Normal
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid + Noveral)= BFN
    IUI # 2 (100 mg Clomid + Noveral) October 2011
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I am new here too and just figured out that I thought I had the HSG but I had the hysteroscopy (the acronym's confused me).  When you mentioned putting a camera in your uterus it all made sense.  Mine was mixed with the HSG as well where they checked the flow.  My doctor put me under for the hysteroscopy since they might actually remove any fibroids, scaring or other items.  I am not sure if yours will put you under.  If so they would have told you already.  I didn't have any discomfort but afterwards but they say you could have some slight cramping.  I did have bleading afterwards which is normal.  You probably won't even notice the difference between your HSG and hysteroscopy from what I have been reading on the post about HSG. 

As for the cycle day they prefer before you ovulate but mine was later in the month because that is when they could schedule it.  I was just on birth control pills to help keep the lining thinner (I think). 

I guess I should go introduce myself.

Fibroid Removal: 2/09 size of a tennis ball
    TTC: 4/01/10 (Got off BCP after 10 years)
    First RE Visit: 4/11
    Bloodwork,u/s: Normal, small pee sized fibroid in same spot as last one.
    MFI: SA #1: mobility and numbers good, morphology 3%
    SA #2: morphology 0%
    Hystersocopy: 6/24/11 Normal
    BCP: 5/31/11 Continuous till IVF
    IVF#1: Stims Start 9/11
    **P/SAIF Welcome!**
  • Options
    imagemichdib99:

I am new here too and just figured out that I thought I had the HSG but I had the hysteroscopy (the acronym's confused me).  When you mentioned putting a camera in your uterus it all made sense.  Mine was mixed with the HSG as well where they checked the flow.  My doctor put me under for the hysteroscopy since they might actually remove any fibroids, scaring or other items.  I am not sure if yours will put you under.  If so they would have told you already.  I didn't have any discomfort but afterwards but they say you could have some slight cramping.  I did have bleading afterwards which is normal.  You probably won't even notice the difference between your HSG and hysteroscopy from what I have been reading on the post about HSG. 

As for the cycle day they prefer before you ovulate but mine was later in the month because that is when they could schedule it.  I was just on birth control pills to help keep the lining thinner (I think). 

I guess I should go introduce myself.

Thanks so much for telling me about your experience! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"