January 2012 Moms

Creepiest neighbors EVER

My across-the-steet neighbors are so weird!!! They sit on their front porch all the time to smoke and such; no big deal. But, I have windows all along the front of my house and it just so happens that my living room is at the front and the tv faces the windows. The people sit outside and watch our tv!!! One of the people even told me during the fall that they usually watch football games through our windows when we have them on. Weird. I forgot about that comment and had my blinds open today while I had the tv on. I sat down to watch a show and they were on the porch then, and STILL there watching when the show was over. I closed the blinds but left the two side windows open. They can't see the tv through those so I figured it didn't matter. But when I was making dinner tonight I realized they were outside watching me make dinner!! I ran and closed the binds because that's just creepy. Rusty checked right after I closed them...they had gone back inside. WTH?!! Not only that but they were upset when we had our internet password protected...they yelled across the street something about "Yeah, since we can't use the internet anymore!!!" Umm, what?
BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Creepiest neighbors EVER

• eec129eec129 member
    That is so odd! Keep your blind closed at all times! Who knew it was your responsibility to provide internet access to the neighborhood!?
    DD: 1/8/12
    DS: 3/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The blinds are your friend. I would angle mine up so that they can't see in. Also sheer or lace curtains in the daytime help you see out but they can't see in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! That is super creepy! I totally agree with using lace or sheer curtains. What's next, they're going to say "Why didn't you cook us dinner too?"

WEIRD!  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married my love- May 10, 2008
    Emergency surgery for ovarian torsion - October 2010
    TTC November 2010 
    BFP May 3, 2011!
    Lathan Quinn born December 18, 2011
    TTC June 2014 
    BFP September 8, 2014! 
    EDD May 15, 2015!
  • MAMAxBMAMAxB member
    Haha... CREEPY!

We leave our blinds closed a lot too... just because I'm paranoid.
    We don't have a lot of nice stuff but we do have a huge flat screen and my Mac Book.
    I just don't want people to see them and get any ideas.. 
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• How creepy!! Go out there and sit and watch them... creap the hell out of them.

BFP #1 5/26/11 - said goodbye to our DD at 13w on 7/29/2011 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #2 12/16/11 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #3 1/21/12 - Welcome Zoey Paige - 9/23/12! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BFP #4 11/27/13 - STICK BABY!
    married 7.26.08 

• very creepy i agree! and i would angle the blinds up too i used to do that when we had them!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is beyond creepy! Keep your blinds closed at all times!! Why would anyone want to watch you make dinner? Wierd. My neighbors got mad when we secured our internet, but its not my responsibility to provide them with internet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Whoa, those are some creepy neighbors!

The internet part reminded me of a friend of mine who moved into a new apartment complex and realized one of her neighbors had an open WiFi network, so she just used that - for months. She woke up a few weeks ago and it was gone, but popped back up the following day, and the network was locked and renamed "GetYourOwnInternetFreeloader"! I died laughing when I heard that story!

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Woah- that's really creepy!  I'd find every video you can of a live birth & keep it going on the TV at all times.  Then throw in "A Baby Story" from TLC every now & then.  Perhaps make a DVD of all of it & put it on repeat.
  • My husband may or may not have walked in front of said windows naked a few times to scare them away...it obviously didn't work.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just think of what they see when you don't know they're watching!  lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageautumn wren:
    My husband may or may not have walked in front of said windows naked a few times to scare them away...it obviously didn't work.

Amazing! Lol...
  • OH MY GOSH! You must have MY old neighbors!!! They didn't steal our internet, but EVERY time we'd go outside, they would HAVE to let out the dogs... which were deaf... and they still screamed at them- ANGGGEL!!! PAAATCH! GIT IN HERE! Then proceeded to say the dogs were deaf... um... yeah.

And now my mother tells me that the 2 daughters live there with someone else & they have to split the mortgage. Well, one of the is $4 short (from her SS check each month) and is now freaking out over WHO'S gonna pay the extra $4!!!

Ugh! :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Your neighbors are super creepy. 

I would say you need to leave something scandalous ("adult" movies) playing on the TV, but something tells me they would enjoy that. So clearly the solution is to play a continuous loop of the most annoying children's television you can find -- Barney, Spongebob, etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ummm yeah creepy. Those blinds would never be in the open position at my house again LOL.
  • Okay, that's just weird.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is so weird!!!  WTF!  I thought I had weird neighbors but yours take the cake!  Ug, good luck with that Super Angry
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"