Baby Showers
Options

Did anyone try to manage three registeries?

I am doing three only because:

I LOVE BuyBuyBaby but my mom is hosting a shower 4 hours away and no BBB is up there.

I am also doing Amazon because my bedding is there, also we plan on using cloth diapers and they have those available too. 

I am doing BRU so that my moms friends have a store they can go to, since I don't know how many of them would do the online thing.

The problem I am running in to is how to make 3 registeries each be large enough for people to have a variety to choose from.  I figure I can put smaller quantities of the basics/necessities on each of the BRU and BBB since it's stuff I will always need.  I'm not too worried if the Amazon one is small....since its more of the specific items that I just happen to want.  What I am not sure of is how to break up some of the bigger items between BBB and BRU that I would only need one of.  any thoughts?

href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

Re: Did anyone try to manage three registeries?

• Options
    I think the most the women whom I've hosted for is 2 registries.  I know a couple of them wanted a certain item from another store so they just purchased it themselves.  One of them got that item (I think it was bedding actually) from her mom (so grandma to the LO).  Maybe you could do this if your mom (or MIL) have asked what you would like.  That way it would take your registries down to 2.
  • Options

I have three registries - Target, BRU, and Amazon. The Amazon only has 20-something items on it, mostly cloth diapers and some specialty things we can't get here (baby gear with my DH's fav baseball team logo). I don't expect people to buy that stuff, but it's there if someone wants something less traditional.

For Target and BRU, I registered for what I liked at each. It evened out pretty well - BRU had a bigger selection, but I registered for certain things at Target because they were cheaper or cuter.

I haven't had a shower yet (next weekend - woo hoo!), but I think it will be easy to keep track of them online...I hope :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 3, I ran into the same problem. My BBB is pretty small, but the closest one is over an hour away. But I just compared which place had the items we wanted for the cheaper price/shipping (shipping was mainly for amazon since items don't always ship from amazon directly)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have three registries for some of the same reasons. 

Target because it is Target (we do not live near a BRU or BBB)

Walmart because my MIL town does not have Target but they do have Walmart

and Shopko because the store here in my town has more selection than Target. 

I made Target my main registry but most of the items are online only or just not available at my local store.  There are some items that are on multiple registries like plain onesies, burp clothes, receiving blankets... remember that if you do get "too much" of one item you can always return or exchange stuff.  

When it comes to the big stuff you could really do the same if you want... or figure what registry people are most likely to shop from and do it there... if you are having more than one shower you can always add the big items to the other registries if you don't receive them at one shower just so they know what your preferences are. 

I know once my shower is over I am going to add a bunch more stuff that we are going to need just because of the completion coupons.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ha, ha, I may be setting a record here because I have FOUR registries going right now (Target, BRU, the local independent baby store, and Amazon). 

My reasoning is that I have showers in two parts of the state and family around the country, so Target and BRU are pretty universally available for those who like to shop in person (I probably could have cut one of those, but BRU has such a better selection than Target, but Target is cuter and cheaper and more convenient for most people). 

I definitely wanted to support the local baby store (which is very natural/organic and carries cloth diapers and accessories in stock, which is nice) as well, but it is only convenient for guests attending one of my two showers.

And then Amazon is there because gosh darn it Amazon is just easier if you're ordering online.  Plus their prices and selection (and completion discount) can't be beat.  

So far I've been just watching them like a hawk and removing anything for which I'm double registered as it gets bought.  Takes some of the fun out of the shower, I suppose, but I probably would be looking anyway!  Mostly the stuff on my registry is things we need in multiples so it's no big deal (sheets, changing pad covers, toiletries, toys, books, receiving blankets, cloth diapers and accessories, etc.)  If I end up missing and we get duplicates we'll either have duplicates or I will return one.  I think this is only really an issue for the few large ticket items left on our registries (Ergo, Moby, Carseats, Swing).  I may end up deleting those from a couple just to try to avoid duplicates.  Most of the big stuff we've either bought ourselves or are planning to buy ourselves.  

I did 3 registries for our wedding (local store, Macy's, and a universal online registry) and it worked fine. 

• Options
    I have three - Amazon, Target,and BRU. The BRU one is for my husband's side of the family shower, since they all live close to one and likely will NOT shop online at all, whereas my mom's side likely WOULD shop online and they live nowhere near BRU. I'm just going to stalk them as often as I can, and after the first shower I will delete any items I already received. If I get dups, oh well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You should consider a universal gift registry because they let you register from as many stores as you want! I'm using MyRegistry.com and I love it so far! They have a feature that syncs registries (Idk if it works for EVERY store but I used it for Target) so you might even be able to use the registries you already have. Plus it's great for online shoppers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"