3rd Trimester

Vent: I think I have PUPPS again!

Hey ladies,
I just need to vent to somebody that might possibly understand what I am going through. I had PUPPS with my first pregnancy, one of the worst cases my OB had ever seen and I begged to be induced from week 39 (I'd had the rash for 4 weeks at that point). I'm covered in scars from it.
I woke up in the middle of the night with an incredibly itchy bump and this afternoon I've started seeing the bumps. I know what this is, it's PUPPS again, the PUPPS that they said virtually never recurrs in subsequent pregnancies. I just want to break down and cry.

*sigh*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vent: I think I have PUPPS again!

• I did a blog post about some lotion and calendula gel that one of my friends highly recommended and now I highly recommend it.  I have very sensitive skin anyways and puppps is insane on how it itches!  Here is my post---you may want to think about trying them both!  Hope you feel better--- https://zenmastermatilda.blogspot.com/2011/06/couple-things.html
    sig-1
  • I don't know if this will help you or not.. but it helped me. I used Ivory soap and cortizone cream. In the morning and at night or whenever I really started getting itchy and it helped a lot! I also tried grandpas pine tar soap.. it stinks but it helped a little also!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for the suggestions!

Last time around I tried the following:
    -Aveeno oatmeal bath/anti-itch body wash/anti-itch lotion
    -calendula gel
    -pine tar soap
    -cortizone cream
    -benedryl
    -steroid shot
    -cold compresses/ice packs
    -vitamin E

Did I miss anything? Last time around some of these provided temporary relief but very very temporary. I'll try them all again this time around maybe one will work better this time around?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have PUPPS but had intense itching from about 14 weeks on. The only thing that relieved the itch was Sarna Lotion.
  • I have had good luck with an antihistamine (prescription at this point) and dandelion root pills twice a day. In the morning I wash with an oatmeal body wash.  When I get out of the shower, I put on a little cortisone cream  just around my ankles where it still lingers and then put Eucerin lotion everywhere else.   I did apis mellifica 30c for three days (they say not to take it for more than 3 days at a shot) and the itching has eased up tremendously! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Before pregnancy, I had a bout of of a serious rash.  I took daily EPSOM salt baths with apple cider vinegar and baking soda in them.  I am not sure if the EPSOM salt is still safe during pregnancy, but it worked wonders.

• Oh no, I'm so sorry! I just started getting the rash a week and a half ago and I'm pretty miserable. I can't imagine having it for so long. So far I've been able to tolerate it with just Benedryl and Cortizone creams, but my case isn't very bad (though it is getting worse as time goes on).

I really hope you are able to find a regimen that works for you. The itching is awful.

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • so awful! i got mine around 32 weeks and tried everything- nothing helped. Finally around 35 weeks i told my doctor how much agony i was in, she put me on a perscription cream and said i could take benedryll as needed. I wasnt too comfortable with the idea of the benedryll but i did fill my perscription and start the cream. I'm now almost 39 weeks and its much more tolerable, and the cream also helped it from spreading to other areas of my body. if it gets really severe dont hesitate to talk to your doctor about that option, it totally saved me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"