September 2011 Moms

GTT question

Sorry for yet another GTT question but I can never get a good answer from my nurse's line and I don't see my doc for another week.  

Does anyone know what would be considered abnormally low score?  My one hour test result was a 50.  I haven't heard of anyone scoring that low before (anyone?anyone?) :)  Since I've been having issues with what feels like low blood sugar symptoms (lightheaded, shaky, etc) I'm just wondering if they may be related.

Thanks for any input you may have!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: GTT question

• I was just reading this on the high risk board

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/55237879.aspx

if you read through some of the responses they talk about low sugar. I think one person said under 60 is low. You can always ask on the high risk board they all seem very informed on GD. 

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Now that I have GD and have to check my sugar 4 times a day, I was told if I ever get under 70 and have symptoms like shaky, nervous, tired, sweaty, cold, hungry, confused, irritable, or impatient... that it was hypoglycemia. They said to then drink a glass of milk as that will steadily raise my levels. However, something like orange juice or a candy bar will do the trick faster... but not as evenly.
  • Loading the player...
  • That is low and sounds like hypoglycemia to me. I would just make sure to eat frequently so you don't bottom out.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks ladies!  I'm feeling very strange again this morning so I've put a call into my doc.  We'll see what they have to say.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"