March 2012 Moms
Options

Need Some Suggestions on how to Tell our Parents...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tell our parents we are expecting?  We are going to a 4th of July BBQ and have decided to tell everyone then...  we are trying to come up with an idea on how to do it... any suggestions???

Re: Need Some Suggestions on how to Tell our Parents...

• Options
    I don't have any ideas.....I'm not telling anyone until Labor Day BBQ's but wanted to say congrats!
  • Options

Yes!  I love this -- have everyone get together for a picture and then instead of telling them to "Say Cheese"  you yell "Okay everyone say Shakatcon10 is pregnant!" and snap the picture.

You now have their priceless reactions frozen in time!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSassyRedhead:

Yes!  I love this -- have everyone get together for a picture and then instead of telling them to "Say Cheese"  you yell "Okay everyone say Shakatcon10 is pregnant!" and snap the picture.

That is such an awesome idea! Too bad I can't steal it since I've already told most of my family (me and my big fat mouth...) 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

You could get a Bun in the Oven t-shirt (check etsy or cafepress) and wait to see who will figure it out.

You could buy a baby frame and instead of picture (since you don't have one) insert a note saying COMING MARCH 2012.

Have fun figuring out what you want to do!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MattelMattel member
    We just told my parents tonight. We're only telling our parents until we are further along. I just put an "I Love Grandpa" and an "I Love Grandma" bib in a gift box with a tiny pair of baby booties. It was simple, but I wanted to tell them right away so I didn't want to wait to plan something elaborate out. It was cute. My original plan was to have a shirt made for my dog (who is way too spoiled by my parents because for now she's the only 'grandbaby') that has "only child'' crossed out and "big sister" written under it.

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

• Options
    We put big brother t-shirts on the dogs and took a picture that said we have a secret. Our parents did NOT get it. I kept saying look at the shirt...it was hysterical.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSassyRedhead:

This is a great idea!  I'm stealing this.  Yes

• Options
    imagemishpug:

You could buy a baby frame and instead of picture (since you don't have one) insert a note saying COMING MARCH 2012.

We are doing this!to spill the news to my in-laws! I already bought the frame that says "Grandchild....life's most precious gift" and will use a fun font to put in the frame and say "Arriving Mach 2012". We are giving it to them Saturday - we are so excited!
    History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagemishpug:

We are doing this to spill the news to my in-laws! I already bought the frame that says "Grandchild....life's most precious gift" and will use a fun font to put in the frame and say "Arriving Mach 2012". We are giving it to them Saturday - we are so excited!
    History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"