March 2011 Moms
Options

Have to find a crib ASAP

Send me some of recommendations for cheaper cribs.  We've been borrowing a pnp w/ bassinet attachment since DD was born from my brother and SIL.  Well, they found out last week that they are expecting in February, and they want their pnp back TODAY.  No warning.  They said they just want to have the baby's (#3 for them) ready. SIL hasn't even been to her 1st dr's appt yet.  

I understand that it IS a borrowed item, and I had every intention of giving it back to them within the next couple of months before they found out they were expecting.  And I'm very glad they let me borrow it in the 1st place.  But now, I'm in a bind, they know we don't have much extra money. 

To top it all off, I just found out they don't pay rent, at all.  We each live in rent houses owned by my parents. DH and I pay rent on time every month (if we're even a couple of days late, we have to pay late charges).  IF we have a month where we can't give them the full amount, we either split the rent and pay twice that month, or it gets added to the next months rent.  They pay nothing.  I'm so aggravated right now. 

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate the fact that they lent the pnp to us in the 1st place, I do appreciate it, but a little notice would have been nice.  There haven't been any arguments between us, and they know we've been taken good care of it (keeping it clean, making sure not to damage it, etc).  I just don't understand.

Back to the original question, what are some good, fairly cheap, cribs to look into?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Have to find a crib ASAP

• Options
    eturpeturp member

sorry to hear about all of that, sounds very frustrating. Look at target or walmart at the graco cribs they have. they are well made and usually you can find one around $100--you might want to look on amazon too. GL!

1ht

• Options

I see you're in Denton... there's an IKEA in Dallas. That's not too far, I believe.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18755/

They have everything there too... sheets, matresses, etc. I've seen the cribs in the store. They're sturdy. I don't know what your colors are, but the pink one is really cute.

I wanted get the blue Mammut crib, but DH is into traditional furniture so I conceded defeat on the crib, but I did insist on a funky blue on the walls.

ETA: I forgot one thing... your brother and SIL are jerks. I get you were borrowing her PNP and she wants it back, but to insist on having it back right.this.minute when they won't actually be using it for another 7/8 months is just rude. Would it really be so hard to have some compassion and allow you guys at least a week or two to find a crib? Sheesh.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I also have to say that your brother and SIL are just being JERKS!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amy259amy259 member

I agree with the Graco suggestion. Baby Bargains gives the Graco Sarah and Lauren a good rating and they $150 and $120 aprox. Ikea is a great idea too.

Sorry your relatives wanted it back TODAY!!! Hope you can find a good deal.

BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options

I'm sorry you don't have more time to get your money in order for this purchase.  It's always nice to have time to set aside funds for a major purchase!  I agree that it is rude to expect you to find a place for your child to sleep ASAP.  These things take time to research and to find what you like.  

On that note, we were lucky (after browsing most every day) to find the same crib we wanted to buy on craigslist barely used.  We got an awesome deal, but it took us time to find it.  Otherwise, we were going to just save up for it.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree to check around on craigslist. Just make sure its not a dropside and hasn't been recalled.

Otherwise you can get a pretty inexpensive PNP to hold you over for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Pack-Playard-Bassinet-Kensly/dp/B001GQ2PLE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1309383007&sr=8-5

If you have an Amazon Prime account, you get free shipping. If you don't, I believe if you sign up for an Amazon Mom account, you get Prime free for 30days.

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options

You could do a few things....

a. check on craigslist/garage sales/once upon a child for another PNP or a used crib

b. go with the Graco Lauren crib...very good quality and pretty economical

c.  Get a rock n play...they're about 50-60 bucks and baby could use it for a few months until you can afford a crib if that's what you want.

But honestly I would tell your SIL that you will be happy to give her the PNP back on X date because you do need time/money to find something for LO to sleep in.  If she JUST got her BFP, there's absolutely no reason she needs it NOW.  No reason for your LO to be left without a bed if it's nowhere close to being here. 

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else about the graco or ikea cribs. Just really wanted to say that I think that's sh*tty of them to do that to you!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have the Ikea Gulliver, and I love it.  $100.  Looks great!  Sturdy!  Breaks down into a toddler bed, too!

• Options
    Ok, I found a Graco Freeport for about $150 after taxes and got it put together, and we actually already had a mattress, so that wasn't a problem.  I took out a little bit of money from savings to tide us over, but I think we'll be ok.  It just breaks my heart, she doesn't want to go to sleep. If I even walk into her room with her she starts crying.  I'm ready for DH to get home...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

If you still have the PNP can you put that in her room to get her used to sleeping in the room, but still in her PNP for a bit? Then switch to her crib? We did that for DD#1 with her bassinet from our bedroom tto her crib. We had her in the hall outside our room after a few days, then moved her gradually closer to her room, then in her room abit, and then eventually in her own crib. Worked out pretty well.

Also we have the Graco Lauren we got on a steal at Walmart.com that included the mattress and shipping for $150, so sound like you got a good deal.

Sucks to hear about your family.-=(

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    Poor baby hopfully she gets used to her new crib soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"