Austin Babies
Options

Can We Do Some FF Confessions?

Because I really need to get some of my crazy out Stick out tongue

This was our first cycle of TTC. According to my calculations I am 4 days late. I know it doesn't mean anything yet, but I have not been late in my 6 months of charting until now.  I am seriously dying to know if I am pregnant or not. I have pissed on $48 worth of sticks so far (many of them were from the Dollar Store) and all of them have been BFN. I just went to the store and spent $13 more on sticks. I'm pretty sure the checkout clerks at the Dollar Tree and at Walgreens think I am BSC. I need AF to come or for one of these damn sticks to show me my BFP like now. Or someone is going to need to take away my debit card and drive me to the looney bin because I am making myself crazy.

ETA: I forgot to add that I am hiding all of this from DH b/c (1) I really want to surprise him with a BFP announcement when I get one and (2) he would be so annoyed if he knew how much money I have literally pissed away.

Your turn!

Re: Can We Do Some FF Confessions?

• Options

I've got nothing today, as of now, but I was right there with you before we conceived Andrew. I'm pretty sure I spent at least a few hundred dollars on tests from the dollar store, heb and randall's while we were ttc. Oh and I kept that from DH too, he only saw the 2 that had positives.

Dust for a bfp soon or that you win the lottery and can afford all those damn tests!

• Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member

Dear Old People,
    Stop using the Internet and e-mail. You're jacking it up. If you can't figure out how to use it correctly, just pick up the telephone and call me.  I'm getting annoyed by your inappropriate (i.e. TMI) Facebook posts, the jillion-times FWD racist/urban legend/conspiratorial emails, and the constant requests to be removed from the listserv (because it's too hard to scroll down to the bottom of the message and click "Unsubscribe"???). Geez!

Thanks!
    A Computer/Internet/E-Communications Literate Person

• Loading the player...
  • Options

michelle - dude, you need to invest in some cheap pregnancy test strips (Wondfo brand) from Amazon.com.  If you're a POAS/PIAC addict like me, it's well worth it!

My FF confession: My parents just got into town and my sister and her husband get in tonight.  We're all going to Wichita Falls this weekend for a big family reunion - celebrating my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary.  My actual confession is that I wish we didn't have to entertain company or go to this reunion/party this weekend.  Not that I don't LOVE my family... I just seriously need a break from life.  I'm booked solid by work or family or other commitments up to the minute I leave for vacation in about a month... then that whole vacation is pretty much planned out as well and we're traveling with friends and I REALLY don't want to have to care about what other people want to do.  I WANT TO BE COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY SELFISH AND SELF-INVOLVED right now.  I want to disappear from my work and personal lives and just BE for a month.  This year has been the worst year of my life and I want to try to put it on pause for a while, reset, and start fresh.  It's not ever gonna happen, but that's what I want.

Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options
    imageMrsAJL:

Dear Old People,
    Stop using the Internet and e-mail. You're jacking it up. If you can't figure out how to use it correctly, just pick up the telephone and call me.  I'm getting annoyed by your inappropriate (i.e. TMI) Facebook posts, the jillion-times FWD racist/urban legend/conspiratorial emails, and the constant requests to be removed from the listserv (because it's too hard to scroll down to the bottom of the message and click "Unsubscribe"???). Geez!

Thanks!
    A Computer/Internet/E-Communications Literate Person

I totally agree with this!  I get so pi$$ed when people send me these.   I can only reply so many times telling them that's not the case, here's why, here's the link to the real situation, etc.  I really wish people would keep this crap to themselves. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought pajama jeans.  And I love them. Embarrassed
  • Options
    Confession #2: While I was at the store buying another round of tests today, I picked up an 11oz bag of Rasinets to "snack on once in a while at work". I have already eaten more than half of the bag. Oh, and I chased it down with one of those Starbucks latte drinks that you can get in the drink case near the checkout. EmbarrassedIck!
  • Options
    imageAustinBride06:

michelle - dude, you need to invest in some cheap pregnancy test strips (Wondfo brand) from Amazon.com.  If you're a POAS/PIAC addict like me, it's well worth it!

My FF confession: My parents just got into town and my sister and her husband get in tonight.  We're all going to Wichita Falls this weekend for a big family reunion - celebrating my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary.  My actual confession is that I wish we didn't have to entertain company or go to this reunion/party this weekend.  Not that I don't LOVE my family... I just seriously need a break from life.  I'm booked solid by work or family or other commitments up to the minute I leave for vacation in about a month... then that whole vacation is pretty much planned out as well and we're traveling with friends and I REALLY don't want to have to care about what other people want to do.  I WANT TO BE COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY SELFISH AND SELF-INVOLVED right now.  I want to disappear from my work and personal lives and just BE for a month.  This year has been the worst year of my life and I want to try to put it on pause for a while, reset, and start fresh.  It's not ever gonna happen, but that's what I want.

I so completely get this. For the last month, DH and I have basically fallen off the map as far as friends and family go. Between my grandmother breaking her hip, our dog having cancer and then having to be put to sleep, and getting another BFN and now having to wait two cycles to start TTC again....we just don't want to deal with anyone at all. So we have been either staying home or going places together alone. And doing a lot of emotional eating. (Smores, anyone?)

On another note: My DH is from Wichita Falls, and most of his family still lives there. Eat Pioneer for us! love that place, it's almost worth the five hour drive.....

My FFC: I am depressed because of the above list of crappy things that has happened this month. I am finding it really hard to concentrate on work or anything else, so things are starting to pile up....oh well.the dishes will get done eventually.....

Pregnancy Ticker CP 4w1d March '11
    Clomid 50mg June '11 - BFN
    Clomid 100 mg Oct '11 - BFN
    Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
    My (mostly) business travel blog
  • Options

Sometimes when L wakes up, if he is not crying for me and just babbling, I let him stay in his crib for awhile.  Mama sometimes needs more than 1.25 hours of time to get her homework/housework done.

#2. I bought a huge-ass bag of redvines at target the other day and if L wasn't standing in front of me, I bet I could eat the whole bag.  Gross, I know.

• Options

This is not so much a confession, as it is just a random tidbit:

I have a pineapple sitting on my desk.  A real, fresh, whole pineapple (and it smells really yummy).  My boss walked by and saw it, and kinda gave me the side-eye.  I just shrugged and said, "Hey, I had a craving..." 

(ok, so the real reason for the pineapple on my desk is that I had to run to Sams at lunch and get stuff for DS's bday party this weekend, becuase there is literally no other time this week that I can go.  I didn't want my yummy fresh pineapple sitting in my hot car all afternoon, so I brought it inside with me, only there's no room for it in the fridge, so it's living on my desk till the end of the day.  I also have 2 boxes of the frozen Pinwheels tortilla roll-up thingys in the breakroom freezer).

Anyway, here's a confession:  I really want to cut into this pineapple and devour it, but all I can find is a dinky little plastic knife.  I fear that might take days...

• Options

((HUGS)) AustinBride and Kirknsarah.  :(  I hope things get better for you both soon.

My confession:  DH has been out of town this week and I should have just straightened up the house, cleaned the master shower, etc. but I was exhausted so I took a nap while DD did.

Oh, and I gave DD a couple bites of my churro today at Costco.  The kid LOVED it.  Embarrassed

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member

imagekellenickle:

Awesome! How's the fit? They look like they fit like boot cut leggings or work out pants.  Do they fit like jeans?

• Options
    imageMrsAJL:

imagekellenickle:

Awesome! How's the fit? They look like they fit like boot cut leggings or work out pants.  Do they fit like jeans?

My DH couldn't tell they weren't jeans (though he's not the most observant fellow).  They remind me most of thick yoga pants.  My favorite part is that they seem shorter than most jeans - I have really short legs and jeans are usually too long for me.  Also, in most jeans, the crotch fits funny on me, like too long or baggy.  These don't do that.

• Options

I'll add to the POAS neuroses.. I took extra time during lunch to go buy a 3 pack of tests so I'd have enough to get me through the 4th of July weekend. We have some tweenaged house guests coming over tonight, which means I'll have zero privacy after I get walk out of my bedroom all weekend (much less at a store!). 

I've been looking at those test accuracy charts and holding out based on that, and from there saw that the type of test I got have given people false positives (which was the first I'd heard of that). I'd totally consider driving back to target and exchanging them if DH hadn't just sent me an alert that the highway is closed due to a wreck (which leaves no time for exchanging). So now, I'll be paranoid that the ones I got are giving me false results. Plus - whenever we get with this family, we tend to go through a LOT of alcohol, so if its negative, it BETTER be negative!Huh?

• Options
    mcgeemcgee member

I am massively judgey mcjudgerson about my sister and BIL's new house. They just moved to another state, and they bought a 4,000+ square foot house. If they finish out the basement, it will add ANOTHER 1,000 square feet or so. For BIL's man cave. Prior to this, they lived in a modest-sized home similar to ours. It's just the two of them, and although they hope to eventually have a child, there is no need for a house that insanely big. They each have a home office, but neither one of them works from home. They have a guest suite. You know, for the handful of times a year someone will visit them. They have a cat room, for their one cat. They don't have nearly enough furniture or stuff to fill a place that large. It's such an enormous waste of resources to build and maintain houses like that, and the environmentalist in me wanted to cry when she described the house and the grounds. 

The other thing that drives me crazy about the house is that she calls to complain about it on a regular basis. Apparently it needs some work, and they knew this when they bought it, and because of that, they got a great deal on it, but it was still a pretty expensive house. BIL does not know which end of a hammer to use. SIL is a little better in that she can hammer a nail in the wall and use a screwdriver, but she's not a DIY expert or anything. So they bought a giant ass McMansion that needs a lot of work that neither one of them can do... so she complains a lot about how much they're spending to get the in-ground pool working properly or what a pain moving has been or how expensive it was to have to get a new dishwasher, and how she just doesn't know when they'll be able to afford another tropical vacation, since they're spending so much on their house (they went to Bali on their honeymoon earlier this year, and they're going to Hawaii in the fall).

I am so tempted to tell her to STFU. They're welcome to spend their money however they want, of course, but I cannot understand the need to buy an enormous house for two people, spend a lot of money to fix it up and more to fill it up. In addition, when I am cleaning up dog pee and kid poop while talking to her, in between trying to clean up the tornado of mess that my children leave in their wake as they run through our modestly-sized but very comfortable home, I really don't want to listen to my sister moan about how hard her over-consumptive life is.

• Options

To all the other POAS-aholics- I tested up to 3 times a day (with expensive tests, no less) last cycle.  That's how hopeful I was.  Sad  Definitely not doing that again.

My confession- I got a Peak on my monitor this morning (YAY!) so I'm ovulating tomorrow.  That means sex tonight.  So, yay, right?  Well, I have 2 hours of training this afternoon, then I'm working from 8pm to 12am tonight.  I'm already effing tired- 1.5 hour pilates class, 1.5 hours of pool time with Little.....I'm so tired already.  I don't know how I'm going to stay awake and make a baby tonight.  

• Options

My migraines have been better the past two weeks, but only relative to the two weeks before that when it was a nightmare. I fear they have caused me brain damage.

Evidence:

1. Last week, I was taking care of a GF's cat. She has two, but one is currently missing. She emailed me to say that she had gotten a call from someone who saw the kitty in the church parking lot by her home. I jumped in my car and drove up there in my pjs and flip-flops at 9 at night. I was talking to her when I stopped the car and turned it off, leaving the key in the ignition so I would have light from the headlights. I start walking in this field by the church, trying to look for the cat and talk with her on the phone. Then I hear something behind me and turn to see that the car is gone. I take off running and catch it (it had jumped the curb, gone down a ditch and had started back up another hill.) Fortunately the momentum wasn't enough to carry it over that hill and it didn't hit anything (like a tree, building, other car, or person.) Turns out- I didn't put it in park.

2. Then this morning, I put an English muffin in the oven on broil for a minute, only to completely forget about it until over an hour later at work. I haul a$$ home. Fortunately, it was just a burnt brick and the house wasn't on fire.

I'm a moron.

• Options

My shower is next weekend.  My mom, sister, MIL and FIL are all coming into town.  I told DH ages ago to ask his parents to get a hotel this time so that I could have some good girl time with my mom and sister.  I have not gotten to spend quality time with just them since Thanksgiving.  Plus, last time both of our families were in town, my parents got a hotel.  It's IL's turn this time. 

Of course he never said anything to them so now I'm super annoyed.  I was going to get something (better than an air mattress) for my mom and sister to sleep on in baby's room, but my mom is now insisting on getting a hotel room to make it easier for me.  It really won't make it easier, or harder, and I'm sad they aren't staying with me.  ILs are nice and all, but it feels like entertaining when they are here.  Plus MIL always brings a ton of random, useless shiit for us that clutters our house until we feel sufficient time has passed to throw it out.  I don't feel like messing with that right now.  I fully plan on spending most of my time with my mom and sister doing MIL's least favorite thing - shopping.

DH also hasn't told ILs that they are going to have to wait at least 2 weeks before coming to town after baby is born.  I am not budging on that one.  Eff everyone, I want MY mama.  I also now want some pajama jeans.

• Options
    BF's mom is driving us crazy.  She moved last week and had known about the move since just after Mother's Day.  She does not work and had been telling us leading up to the move that she was packing packing packing every day.  We had gone over there several times before the move and noticed that it did not seem that anything was packed but everytime either of us asked her about it she got defensive so we stopped asking and figured she would have it ready come moving day.  Moving day was last Thursday.  BF and I had hired some movers for the big stuff becuase BF had hurt his back but BF, his brother, brother's gf, and myself were going to take care of the rest.  So we get to the house and not one, NOT ONE box had been packed.  Not one drawer had been emptied.  Not one piece of furniture had even been cleared off.  For goodness sake there was still laundry in the washer/dryer.  What???  We were paying these movers by the hour and they spent half the time clearing things off and out before they could move them.  So, long long long story short, we are STILL moving her.  STILL!!  And she has done nothing.  She sits there, smokes, talks on the phone, and points all of us where to put stuff while we do everything.  It has been a nightmare.  She literally has not moved a shirt to the car.  She has rented TWO moving trucks and there are still dishes in the old houses cabinates.  Moving should be a one, two day absolute max, process.  You pack leading up to it.  You load.  You unload.  This is ridiculous and if she would pick up a finger instead of ordering us around it might actually get done before 2014. 
  • Options

I had a very yummy dream about a celebrity last night and I really did NOT want to get up to this morning because I wanted to continue it.  I really think I'm going to squeeze in a nap today and hope the hotness continues. 

This is unusual for me so I'm taking full advantage.  Plus, it's my anniversary and DH is working so it's only fair, right? Wink

• Options
    imageSareBear30:

My migraines have been better the past two weeks, but only relative to the two weeks before that when it was a nightmare. I fear they have caused me brain damage.

Evidence:

1. Last week, I was taking care of a GF's cat. She has two, but one is currently missing. She emailed me to say that she had gotten a call from someone who saw the kitty in the church parking lot by her home. I jumped in my car and drove up there in my pjs and flip-flops at 9 at night. I was talking to her when I stopped the car and turned it off, leaving the key in the ignition so I would have light from the headlights. I start walking in this field by the church, trying to look for the cat and talk with her on the phone. Then I hear something behind me and turn to see that the car is gone. I take off running and catch it (it had jumped the curb, gone down a ditch and had started back up another hill.) Fortunately the momentum wasn't enough to carry it over that hill and it didn't hit anything (like a tree, building, other car, or person.) Turns out- I didn't put it in park.

2. Then this morning, I put an English muffin in the oven on broil for a minute, only to completely forget about it until over an hour later at work. I haul a$$ home. Fortunately, it was just a burnt brick and the house wasn't on fire.

I'm a moron.

I just totally LOLed at your entire post.  I'm sorry, but it's a good one.  :)

• Options
    imageJess.O:

I had a very yummy dream about a celebrity last night and I really did NOT want to get up to this morning because I wanted to continue it.  I really think I'm going to squeeze in a nap today and hope the hotness continues. 

This is unusual for me so I'm taking full advantage.  Plus, it's my anniversary and DH is working so it's only fair, right? Wink

I totally LOLed at this too- I had the same thing happen the other night.  Only this time it wasn't Jim Halpert.  It was Matthew McConaughey.  Surprise

I'm currently watching How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days.  Embarrassed   Sooooooooooo effing hot.

• Options

I didn't see this movie since it looked like a total POS, but this has had me cackling all afternoon. 

https://gofugyourself.com/fug-the-fromage-country-strong-06-2011 

ETA: Now I need some pajama jeans. 

Business Cat. image
  • Options
    imagebrooke152:

My shower is next weekend.  My mom, sister, MIL and FIL are all coming into town.  I told DH ages ago to ask his parents to get a hotel this time so that I could have some good girl time with my mom and sister.  I have not gotten to spend quality time with just them since Thanksgiving.  Plus, last time both of our families were in town, my parents got a hotel.  It's IL's turn this time. 

Of course he never said anything to them so now I'm super annoyed.  I was going to get something (better than an air mattress) for my mom and sister to sleep on in baby's room, but my mom is now insisting on getting a hotel room to make it easier for me.  It really won't make it easier, or harder, and I'm sad they aren't staying with me.  ILs are nice and all, but it feels like entertaining when they are here.  Plus MIL always brings a ton of random, useless shiit for us that clutters our house until we feel sufficient time has passed to throw it out.  I don't feel like messing with that right now.  I fully plan on spending most of my time with my mom and sister doing MIL's least favorite thing - shopping.

DH also hasn't told ILs that they are going to have to wait at least 2 weeks before coming to town after baby is born.  I am not budging on that one.  Eff everyone, I want MY mama.  I also now want some pajama jeans.

Word!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    I am craving TacoC like crazy today. I'm totally loading up the kiddos in about 5 minutes and hitting the drive through.
  • Options
    imageSareBear30:

Evidence:

I'm a moron.

omg. this is hilarious! Good confession!

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    imagekellenickle:
    imageMrsAJL:

imagekellenickle:

My DH couldn't tell they weren't jeans (though he's not the most observant fellow).  They remind me most of thick yoga pants.  My favorite part is that they seem shorter than most jeans - I have really short legs and jeans are usually too long for me.  Also, in most jeans, the crotch fits funny on me, like too long or baggy.  These don't do that.

I have short legs and jeans fit me the same way...maybe I need to try some!

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    My confession is that DS has been watching an insane amount of TV today because I am lazy. I have been encouraging him to sleep as much as possible and sleeping when he does. When he watches TV I do the bare minimum cleaning and cooking. We don't even have milk in the house right now. Except for some milk boxes I was saving for travel. I hope I snap out of it tomorrow. I remember just a couple of days ago feeling like I had a ton of energy and was checking things off my list. Not sure what happened. Sad
  • Options

imageOrangeFelt:

I've been looking at those test accuracy charts and holding out based on that, and from there saw that the type of test I got have given people false positives (which was the first I'd heard of that). I'd totally consider driving back to target and exchanging them if DH hadn't just sent me an alert that the highway is closed due to a wreck (which leaves no time for exchanging). So now, I'll be paranoid that the ones I got are giving me false results. Plus - whenever we get with this family, we tend to go through a LOT of alcohol, so if its negative, it BETTER be negative!Huh?

The Target tests gave me my actual positive long before the Dollar Store tests did. For whatever that's worth. :)  Good luck!

• Options
    I am not sure that this is even flameful well except to my hubby Stick out tongue  The kid who is taking care of our lawn is doing it with his shirt off and WOW, I am lovin the key candy.  Hot, Hot HOT!Zip it!
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am highly annoyed by the fact that early pregnancy symptoms and PMS are the exact same.  Yet, I have them, and there is no BFP and nothing has started.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Mine's a debbie downer...sorry.

The nt scan post brought all of those fearful thoughts back up to the surface.  It makes me angry at myself for not handling it better, angry at DH for being so anti meds during PG that I felt indirect pressure to not take them when I really, really needed them.  A part of me wonders if it's why I'm so connected to Natalie...my guilt for all the fears I had about her.

DH hasn't completely shut the door on #3, bt he's afraid I'll end up in that dark, overwhelmed, obsessive place again.  But this time, I'd stay on my meds, because it would absolutely be waht's best for the baby. And don't get me wrong, I know it was tough on him, but I had to live with my internal thoughts the never shut down.

It is all worth it.  I love them more than anyone

• Options
    Well hello, AF. You dirty, dirty little tease. At least I can stop wasting money now.
  • Options
    I haven't cooked dinner in 3 weeks.  Embarrassed The look of food makes me want to Ick!Ick!, especially meat.  DS has been living off of chicken nuggets, corndogs, mac & cheese, PB&J, sandwiches and sides of veggies, yogurt & fruit.   Fortunately DH has cooked at least one decent meal each week.  I feel like such a crappy mom.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"