Babies on the Brain
Options

I have no right to be pissed about this, but I am.

I got paid today, and they didn't pay me for the day I was out due to Isaac's shots.

Logically, I know they don't have to pay me.  I used all my PTO while on maternity leave.  But they've never shorted my pay before, even when I've used all my PTO already.  I haven't taken a sick day for myself since before Gabe was born, and I've only taken a handful of days because Gabe was sick, so it's not like I abuse the fact that they are lax about sick days.  DH gets a lot more sick time than I do, so he is usually off with him when he is sick and my work knows that.  The only reason I was out with Isaac is because DH was out 2 days the week before with Gabe.

It's only $100, but this was supposed to be my first full paycheck since I came back to work, and I generally only have about a $100 to myself once bills are paid.  I haven't spent any money on myself in forever and I was really looking forward to buying some new jeans since my pre-pg jeans are too small and my maternity jeans are falling off of me.

Frustrating.

/vent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have no right to be pissed about this, but I am.

• Options
    I'm sorry, sweetie.  That really sucks.  Just skip buying groceries this week & buy the jeans instead. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageITeachK:
    I'm sorry, sweetie.  That really sucks.  Just skip buying groceries this week & buy the jeans instead. 

Hmm, I like the way you think.  Surely Gabe can get by on breastmilk this week and not cow's milk, right?

:eyes freezer stash:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagearmandos_girl:

imageITeachK:

Hmm, I like the way you think.  Surely Gabe can get by on breastmilk this week and not cow's milk, right?

:eyes freezer stash:

Totally. He'll never know the difference!

That stinks, though. DH's work is on-again-off-again about their policy, too (with the employees who have been there forever). I often get really irritated with them, until he reminds me of all the times they let family emergency days go, or throw him something extra for working the weekend, etc. I hope you get some killer deals at the grocery store! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Due 3.1.12
    Levi 7.26.09
    Wood you? Wood too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"