December 2011 Moms
Options

childbirth classes?

How far along will you be when you take the childbirth/ breastfeeding etc classes?

** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: childbirth classes?

• Options
    My Dr. said I should start by 28 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We scheduled ours to start October 3rd. It's a 5 week class (Monday's for 2 1/2 hours). I will be 31.5 weeks when we start. I would have done it sooner but the other class started at the beginning of September and I thought it was too early.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was around 30 weeks when we did it with #1. Will not be repeating with #2 (and honestly, they were kind of a bust at my hospital for #1)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My hospital does a 1 day, 8 hour long class that they only offer once a month. I took mine at 36 weeks with DS and the breastfeeding/child care class was the following week. I wanted to wait until as close to my due date so it would be fresh in my mind (and not have too long to overthink/stress it).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Im doing the Bradley Class which is 12 weeks long so Im starting at 19 weeks. If I started the class after this one it would run in to my due date, but the instructor said the earlier I start the better so it seems like itll be fine.

As far as lactation classes or other prep classes Ill probably wait till 25 weeks so I retain the info a bit better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    im due Dec 3rd and the class starts Oct 7th. i guess ill be 32 weeks?
    Harper Jane 11/19/11 5lb 15 oz 20 inches... perfection
  • Options

With our first I think I was 32 weeks or so along when we started them... 

I'm not sure that we'll take them with our 2nd because our instructor totally sucked for the first so there wasn't much to be gained from the class especially since she was an anti-medication chick (I don't think she had kids either)...  What that created was a problem in that none of us knew the medication options so when it came time for actual L&D, the only thing we heard was "Medications = bad" instead of this will take the edge off, this will be heaven on earth, and this will speed the process along...  We had one Mom in the class who WANTED a C-section and the instructor basically made her out to be a tyrant and all of us in the class were on the mom's side because that's what SHE wanted...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecheckrdtop:
    My Dr. said I should start by 28 weeks.

Ditto 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The hospital where I work/will have this baby offers a 10 week long natural childbirth class, and they ask that you sign-up between 16-24 weeks. The next (and currently, the only) session begins July 14th.  If it isn't already full, I'll be 18-19 weeks when I start. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"