Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

s/o dbag shower gifts - wwy buy now?

I never bought off registries, and bought a cute outfit or whatever, and I still wouldn't buy off a registry.

Now I would buy random (educational? Stage appropriate) toys for 4 months +.

I was miffed at rattles and stuff we received (come-on? I need clothes!) but was cranky later when people kept giving us clothes and we had NO toys...

I would not give outfits smaller than 6 months either...

What would you give now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket

Re: s/o dbag shower gifts - wwy buy now?

• Options

LOL Why were you angry at both?

IMO, if it's practical, it's a good gift. If it's something too fancy, THAT is when I get peeved. Baby Nikes and crap.. ugh.. No thank you..

I've always gifted something simple.. like organic GN jammies in maybe 3-6 size. Now, I think I'd just be more generous with gifts and lend MUCH more support and offer to maybe help the mom wash and organize all the gifts and sort them by age / size. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Receiving blankets... burp cloths are useless. Wipes, baby bath products, toys/books.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    swaddle's, safe sunscreen, clothes 6m and above , if FF the Dr brown pitcher, an activity mat, a johnny jumper, the cotton halo sleepers with no arms and with arms, breathable bumper, angel care monitor, and a video monitor. Those are the things that made the biggest difference in my life as a new mom. Obviously the more expensive things would be for family or really close friends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would definitely buy a gift from the registry!!! I hated getting things that I didnt register for. We live in a small condo so only registered for what we really needed. I got a few things that are still sitting in the closet because I didn't need them (hense why I ddnt register for it). Also, fancy clothes is pointless. More practical is casual clothes, pajamas, oh and big clothes. I got way to many newborn size outfits.
  • Options
    Clothes bigger than 3-6, Sophie, Wubbanub, socks, books, stuff for feeding solids like baby spoons and little bowls. I'm mostly thinking of stuff that I ended up having to buy with my own money later. I will never buy receiving blankets or bibs. I have 1,0001 of those, and I only registered for one three pack of receiving blankets and two bibs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would buy something practical off the registry.  My friend, who was a new mom herself, got us our car seat base.  Not very glamorous, but we were very grateful!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why are you so against buying off a registry? The purpose of the registry is to get people what they want and need.  I would much rather spend my money on something that I know they need versus go spending my time and money on something that they might not want.  Clothes are touchy...I would nto usually suggest buying them b/c they themselves or the grandparents are usually always buying little outfits along the way. That's the way it was with us and everyone I've known.  I would strongly suggest buying off the registry unless you can not b/c of the cost...
  • Options
    skioskio member
    Sensitive diapers in size 1 or 2. I gave away soooo many newborn diapers because C never fit in them. I also returned tons of random kinds of diapers bc she gets rashes so easily. Can't go wrong with sensitive. I would also get some CA baby bath products. Again, I got tons of crappy J&J ang Baby Magic junk that I won't use on her. I would never buy newborn outfits, shoes, or pacifiers (we went through 5 brands before finding one she liked - I'll leave pacis to the parents after that experience).
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'M planning the following for SIL (although I'm helping her register and so this may change depending on her preferences:

Swaddle me/ miracle blanket

Toddler prefolds (actual ones, not the crappy gerber ones) and some flats too for burp clothes and multipurpose

a book light or nook/kindle gift certificate

Waterproof quilted sheets

Several types of butt paste

cute bigger outfits and sleepers

Waterproof bibs

I also plan on cooking a few things for them, and will offer to clean or run errands, and may offer to treat her to a massage after shes settled.

It took a while before the bfp for her and I'm excited. Can you tell?

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    I always buy the non-fun practical things.  Before, I was married or had my LO I would buy the fun things, but for my house and my LO I wanted the practical things so that is what I buy others.
  • Options
    I always buy the "boring" practical items on the registry, like crib liners, bottle racks, changing pad covers, etc. I haven't changed that since I had LO.
  • Options

We didn't register for clothes... and part of me really likes to pick out outfits... with a boy that is harder, but then sort of better...

I don't like to buy off registries since I like "fun" things, but I agree practical stuff (car seat base) would be cool...

There were so many things that I didn't know I needed, since I was looking at the first few weeks, that I didn't register for... that I would have loved (now) as gifts... make sense?

P&R again, baby awake (again...)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Gift from the registry! I feel like it's the most convenient for the family.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Diapers. Lots of diapers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    my friend just had her first and i asked if she wanted something from her registry or something i've learned. she said the second. so i'm getting her the stroller tag from my siggy (mamabears.com), triple paste, and a woombie.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"