Pregnant after IF

? from lurker; positive beta but very low

Hi Ladies 

I am a lurker from TTGP and TTTC.  I had my first IUI 14 days ago.  All of my hpt's have been negative, including today's.  I was shocked today when the nurse called and told me that the beta was positive but only at 15 (beta was yesterday at 13dpiui).  She said to be "cautiously optimistic" and that she's seen this work out "a couple of times before." They wanted the number to be around 50.  I want to be so excited, but I'm very hesitant.  I came home and poas again, and it's still negative.  Just bought some FRERs, so I'll try again tonight and in the morning.

Can anyone share a success story with me with such a low beta at 13 dpo?  I'm trying to stay positive :)

TIA ladies! 

TTC#1 since July '10. DH: Borderline Morph. Me: age 33. Hypothyroidism.
FSH #1: 10.9 (E2 80.7). FSH #2: 11.8 (E2 72.6). FSH #3: 9.1 (E2 36)
AMH: 2.6. AFC: ranges 9-21. HSG: clear. SHG: normal.
After 3 failed TI cycles, 3 failed IUI cycles, a couple of c/ps, we got our sticky baby on IUI #4 (first with injects).
Feb '12 Clomid/Menopur/Ganirelix/IVIL/Heparin/Acupuncture + IUI #4= BFP!
Baby girl born at 34 weeks on 10/16/12
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers <a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/cnickis/Nicki Wedding/?action=view

Re: ? from lurker; positive beta but very low

• Not quite as low as yours, but at 13dpo mine was 40.  I've seen children born from betas as low as 8!  It's not so much the initial number as it is the doubling betas.  Congrats and good luck with your next beta!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any success stories to share, but just wanted to say I believe in miracles. Hoping your beta just continues to rise and double as it should.

Congrats and good luck to you. 

? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • T&P's for a beautiful doubling number!!
  • Mine was 35 at 14DPO so at 13DPO mine had to be in the 20s. I got my first +HPT at 13 DPO and it was super faint. GL!!
    Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • My first beta was 14 at  around 13dpo. There are many other ladies here who have also had initial low betas that rose.  I really hope your number will double nicely for the next beta!!

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • no stories from me but I have seen ladies with a beta of 10 have a healthy baby.  The hpts probably won't show a positive until your beta is above 50 (i think that is the lowest level they can detect), so don't freak out if it is another day or two before you get a positive pee stick.  Good luck.

~Lauren~
    **SAIF always welcome.**
    After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Read in 2011: 56/55
    Read in 2012: 31/30
    Read in 2013: 1/25
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• My first beta was 21, my p4 was only 2.23 and I was already on supps.  My LO just turned 5 mths old.

It can definitely work out.  Try to focus on the doubling, not the actual number.

GOOD LUCK!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards