September 2011 Moms
Options

Prisoner in your own body

So, this may sound crazy but does anyone else have this? As I get bigger I am having more problems breathing. It's not that I can't breathe, it's just harder to finish sentences and catch my breath. Also, I have always been claustraphobic and now I'm even more so. I get acid reflux everyday and it doesn't make anything easier. Zantac/Tums doesn't work. I feel panicky at times like I'm trapped in my body and can't do anything about it for 3 more months. Am I completely insane?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Prisoner in your own body

• Options
    sassy1sassy1 member

I had problems breathing early in the pregnancy--I was winded just from walking at a normal pace & also had trouble talking.  It got better in 2nd tri, for some reason (except when I get up to go to the bathroom at night--then for some reason, I have trouble breathing).  Sorry you're dealing with acid reflux on top of that! 

I admit, feel a little claustrophobic when people talk to me about my organs moving or getting squished, as LO grows bigger toward the end.  I try not to think about that part, as much as possible!

• Options
    I've had acid reflux since first tri.  What worked for me was Pepcid and Maalox.  I still get it occasionally esp in the evening.  I'm starting to get a little sort of breath at times if I am in the wrong position too.    My 2nd tri "honeymoon stage" only lasted a few weeks since I got big so fast.  I don't want to say it out loud, but I am so done being pregnant.  Okay - please don't listen to that babies...  Do be glad you get the freedom of being home though, I've been a prisoner in the hospital for 3 weeks now and they won't let me leave any time soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I felt like that up until yesterday. My little guy seems to have "dropped" he is sittng much lower and I can breath again. It is amazing... it was instand relief. Hopefully yours will come soon too. Hang in there!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sraexxsraexx member
    Yep, exactly. I get winding just forming a sentence and I seriously almost threw up after I ate and bent over to get something, yay. I practically sleep sitting up cuz of the heart burn and breathing is so hard anyway, not to mention my left nostril has been closed since March.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"