Infertility Veterans

Shady Grove Girls...

We are going to set up a consult with one of the Shady Grove offices, I am just curious which you think is the best. There are three offices that are roughly the same distance from us: Bel Air, Baltimore GBMC, and Frederick. Anyone have experience with those specific offices? What did you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shady Grove Girls...

• I have no imput...but i think u are doing the right thing by getting a 2nd opinion.  GL~

• I went to the GBMC location and was very very happy with them. I was sort of sad to leave and I still occasionally email with my nurse. The Bel Air location is a satellite office to the GBMC location. So It's the same REs as the gbmc office and some of the same nurses also. I believe that if you go to that office you still have to go to gbmc on weekends and maybe for ER and ET. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. GL!!

ETA: Actually, I looked it up and it looks like they do all procedures at the bel air office now too. Staff is still the same as gbmc though.

• Loading the player...
  • SLPMelSLPMel member

I sent you a PM, but I wanted to follow up-Dr. Esposito (who is out of the Frederick Office) is starting to offer new patient appointments in Harrisburg.  I've heard wonderful things about Dr. O'Brien (who is also at the Frederick office) as well.

ETA:  she is seeing patients through the Partners in Women's Healthcare office.  One of my friends who lives in PA just made an appointment to see her there!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSLPMel:

I sent you a PM, but I wanted to follow up-Dr. Esposito (who is out of the Frederick Office) is starting to offer new patient appointments in Harrisburg.  I've heard wonderful things about Dr. O'Brien (who is also at the Frederick office) as well.

ETA:  she is seeing patients through the Partners in Women's Healthcare office.  One of my friends who lives in PA just made an appointment to see her there!

Thanks, I just saw that Harrisburg has a satellite office now. I think I am going to make an appointment there for the consult, and we will probably go to Frederick if we decide to cycle with them.  Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it!

• SLPMelSLPMel member
    imagethebeadinglady:
    imageSLPMel:

Thanks, I just saw that Harrisburg has a satellite office now. I think I am going to make an appointment there for the consult, and we will probably go to Frederick if we decide to cycle with them.  Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it!

No problem-I think it's a great idea that they are expanding up there, at least for new patient appointments.  It'll be interesting to see if they expand to a full satellite office up there!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh I didnt know they are offering services out of PA now. That is great news. GL again beadinglady! I really hope you can get some great info and get a great plan in place!
  • I actually used the Rockville location, but I wanted to mention Dr. O'Brien who is also at the Frederick office.

I almost switched from Shady Grove after a year due to a few bad experiences with another RE.  I decided to change doctors instead and it was night and day.  She is wonderful.  My last IVF was not even remotely textbook after ER and she called me all the time to update, discuss, etc. My other RE couldn't even be bothered to call until 2 days after a cancelled cycle.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Popping over from 3T.. I hope that's OK!

I go to Columbia, but Dr. Esposito from Frederick did my ER this past week and I really, really liked her. My RE (Timmreck) calls me personally to talk to me prior to ER, and the nurses I've worked with have all been wonderful in Collumbia. I know that's not on yourl ist, but I like them :)

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

• imagescooterq:
    I went to the GBMC location and was very very happy with them. I was sort of sad to leave and I still occasionally email with my nurse. The Bel Air location is a satellite office to the GBMC location. So It's the same REs as the gbmc office and some of the same nurses also. I believe that if you go to that office you still have to go to gbmc on weekends and maybe for ER and ET. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. GL!!

ETA: Actually, I looked it up and it looks like they do all procedures at the bel air office now too. Staff is still the same as gbmc though.

The doctors at the Bel Air office are the same doctors at the GBMC office (Katz and someone else).  Everything can be done at the Bel Air office except weekend stuff, which you would have to go either to GBMC or Rockville.   

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I absolutely LOVE Shady Grove!!! All the offices do work together and your ER and ET will be in Rockville.

I have no experience with those offices as I am more south.

They have a page on FB that you can look up and ask questions on there.

Good luck hun.  

ETA - I didnt realize that GBAC does the ET and ET as well. I think all the offices around me are satellite offices and Rockville is the central location.

I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. O and Dr E as well.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards