Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

15 month old just started screaming at bedtime and naps

Help! We sleep trained when Lilly was 4 months old and ever since she has gone down fully awake in her crib. Now for the last week, she has been standing up and screaming and yelling a few minutes after I put her down for naps and bedtime. I usually have to go back in and pick her up and she immediately hugs me, lets out a huge sigh or relief and then calms down and I put her back in her crib. Tonight I had to go in 3 times. I waited longer and longer each time, but she just got louder. And by the 3rd time, she had gone potty, so had to change her diaper. I don't know what is going on or what I should do. Is this just a phase? She seems terrified and just needs reassuring. I put a nightlight in thinking maybe she had a sudden fear of the dark, but that didn't do anything.

This morning she was up at 5am, which is a first and would not go back to bed. She usually sleeps till 6-7am or so and goes to bed around 7pm.

She is 15 months old, anyone know what is going on and how long it will last? I can't just leave her in there screaming since she always seems to go potty and I obviously would never leave her in a dirty diaper.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 15 month old just started screaming at bedtime and naps

• Hmm could she be getting her molars? Ear infection? Try some ibuprofen and see if it helps.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • My DD's great sleep habits have changed a bit too.  She is going from two naps to one and is cutting her molars.  I blame it on that.  She usually will calm down quickly at bedtime, but will often wake up in the middle of the night crying/screaming.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO has just started doing this in the last 2 weeks. She used to get all excited when I put her in bed. She grabbed her paci and went to sleep. Not anymore. I think it's a combination of things. She is way more active and just likes to play. She sees nap time as an end to play time. She is teething (her molars) and she is, in general, exerting her will more.

I usually just leave her to fuss it out and she will go to sleep. I have tried going back in there but it makes it worse for her.

GL

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"